darkshadow0001

Gift Cards or Cash?

darkshadow0001

When cashing out on a survey site of your choice, do you prefer to get cash or gift cards?  I mostly prefer cash.  Once in a while I order gift cards.

nj07208

I think most people would prefer cash. I sure do! It's just not an option on all sites.

• Like 1

dimefynder

Cash is king, obviously. But some survey sites incentivize gift card use a bit more. On Swagbucks, you can get 25 dollars to your PayPal when you rack up 2500 points. But they often offer discounts on gift cards. I have a flooring business, and shop at Home Depot and Lowe's a lot, and Swagbucks usually offers $25 gift cards (as well as numerous discounted cards from other sectors like restaurants) for 2,200 points. I cash that out, then find myself with a nice 300 point head start on my next 2500 point cash-in. When I need that 25 bucks right away, I'll click on that from time to time.

Side_Hustle

Cash. A lot of companies are only giving Amazon GC for rewards or other GC.

rosiesmom

I would rather have cash, but if I get a check or a paypal credit my husband finds a way to get it.  So I usually take the AGC's. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

footfree

First cash, then gift cards

virginiason

Yeah Cash is king but it really doesn't matter to me as long as they pay quickly.

• Like 1

schludermann

when I reach a payout threshold, I redeem in this order. Gift cards, cash, merchandise, services, and donations. When I'm quitting a panel and can't redeem for a perk because I don't have enough points, I try to donate what I have before discontinuing the account, otherwise, the rewards are stranded.