BBB complaint filed against Opinion outpost

TSP1973

Well I completed a survey back in 7/22 for 35 points, which according to there point system is worth $3.50. I spent over 2 months and 3 emails trying to get credit. On the first 2 emails they responded was telling me I would get credit after 2-3 weeks after survey closed. After 7 weeks after survey closed and still no credit, finally a few days ago I sent and email to them and last warning, telling them I would report to BBB, ripoffreport and this website if not given credit in 1 week.

There response:

Flag this message

RE: Member Questions and Feedback: Other (Survey: 68097395) (Thread:2298433)

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:22 PM

"[email protected]"

Add sender to Contacts

To:

[email protected]

Hello Tracy,

We appreciate your willingness to respond to these survey invitations;

On this study we have gone back to the company who hosted this survey and they returned to us a list of people who completed this survey. Your membership account was not reported in this list and we will not be able to award you Opinion Points.

Thank you,

Diane

Panel Support Representative

So reported!

Wow that is the fastest response I gotten from them, they sent email to me today at 8:22pm and I replied to it telling them i was reporting them. They replied back to that email at 8:46pm! :shock:

Here is there poor response back from them:

Flag this message

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:46 PM

"[email protected]"

Add sender to Contacts

To:

"'shea '"

Tracy,

We appreciate your reply.

We are also aware that you have done that to us in the past. I will request for a multiple check for you. I will send you a detailed explanation for your satisfaction.

Wait for my reply, I will get back to you as soon as the Account manager replies to my email.

Have a great day!

Thank you,

Diane

Panel Support Representative

My immediate response to there email:

Flag this message

Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:26 PM

"shea "

View contact details

To:

"[email protected]"

Yes the reason why I reported you in the past is because I successfully completed a survey and was not given credit for it! I have done tons of surveys from your company and most was disqualified from, some successfully completed and given the proper credit I deserve, but the complaint from the past and this one that I successfully completed and was not given credit for! I don't now if there was an error that occurred or not. But as your company ask me to give honest answers to surveys that I take, I expect the same in return honesty in payments for surveys that I successfully complete.

Prior to this response from last email I have already reported your company.

Thank You

I have a bad feeling about this? :(

Nice reply. It was perfect how you said they want and expect honest answers, but don't want to be honest themselves. I have also filed a BBB complaint against them in the past when they said they couldn't credit me. After the complaint the survey status in my history showed "Technical Error" with the amount paid.

I like how they noticed you have filed complaints with the BBB before. Soon they will get wise that people are not going to put up with their dishonesty and realize it is easier just to pay them honestly.

They are one of the better companies as far as making money fast with a good number of surveys but that doesn't allow them to cheat people sometimes.

I forgot to mention when I filed the BBB complaint that I also asked for an additional $3.00 more! The reason I put was the waste of my valuable time in waiting almost 2 months in this, writing up 3 emails trying to settle this, then being forced into wasting more time filing with the BBB! So for a total of $6.50! :evil:

The reason why I am doing this is that I am tired of the BS! :evil: Now I figured out I have had about 250 surveys with them over the last 9 months. Out of the 250 surveys, I have been disqualified for 210 of those, except for 2. For 210 of those surveys, I fully completed 2 of the surveys and did not get credit for. Instead of issuing the points right away it went into pending and then finally closed. Even in there automated response's they gave me they even said errors occur and that is sometimes why not the immediate credit. But yet they still refuse to see it could possible be a tech error that occurred and that is why it didn't register as completed!

The other reason is just lack of common sense on there part! It is like they think I am trying to scam them out of money by making false accusations of claiming to complete it, but not completing it. Which I did complete it. I mean out of 210 surveys, your customer only complains about 2 of them not getting credit for? :shock: I mean if someone is trying to scam you, it would be a heck of a lot more than 2 surveys! :evil:

So I figured they owe me in my time and trouble they have caused me!

Well just got an email from them and what a really piss poor excuse they gave! :evil: Here is a copy of the email they sent to me:

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for your patience as we escalated your concern.

We received an information about your concern today and as our User Agreement stipulates, "Honest and Accurate Disclosures”. You as a member of Opinion Outpost agree to provide true and accurate information during the registration process, while filing out demographic profile information and other general details, and while answering survey research questionnaires. If you provide any information that is not of good quality data to Opinion Outpost or one of its agents, Opinion Outpost or one of its agents has reasonable grounds to terminate your survey and the data gathered will be disregarded including the immediate forfeiture of any Opinion Points and other rewards or prizes.

This is what happened to your survey. You were not captured as a complete because of data quality in answering surveys such as but not limited to speeding, straight lining, etc. Please understand that we, in return we only get paid for their lists of completes with good and of high quality data. As a token of appreciation to your willingness to complete surveys for us, we have credited your account some thank you points and it will show as “thank you-Willing to participate”.

We are also interested to know that posts that you have posted again us, please send us the link and we would like to see and read the feedback that you have written against us.

Best,

Diane

Well I wrote back and this time II DID NOT hold back on my feelings and frustrations on this matter. Here is a copy of what I sent them:

I am COMPLETELY INSULTED by this false accusation that I " You were not captured as a complete because of data quality in answering surveys such as but not limited to speeding, straight lining, etc." !

I have been with your company since the beginning of the year. I have attempted over 250 surveys with your company! Out of those 250 surveys I was desqulifeid for 210, expect for 2 of them I did not get properly. Which I have complained about because I fully and successfully completed them AND DID NOT LIE or speedin or straight lining or what ever FASLE crap that this company has told you! Common sense tells you that someone who didn't qualify for over 200 surveys is telling the truth when it comes to surveys! Because if they weren't telling the truth they would have have qulified for almost ever survey they took, it is just common scene!

Obviously this company that is sending you this falsified information is just trying to scam your company and me out of paying the money that is rightfully mine! I find this rather very disturbing that your company is backing the false accusations! I am very surprised at your company for doing this!

The fact of the matter is since you only paid the cheap way out of this of $1.50, you still owe me $2.00 dollars! The complaint still stands with the BBB and ripoffrepot.com and surveypolice.com. As of now with this insulting email about lieing, speeding thew the survey, I refuse to take them down! I gave you company plenty of time to correct this matter and make it right! But your company drag its feet and have refuse to be helpful in this matter, taking up MY VALUABLE time dealing with something that should have been fixed a long time ago!

As I have ALWAYS given my honest answers and well put in valuable time in all te survey's I have done for you, I EXPECT HONEST IN PAYMENT, not some lieing BS excuse to get out of payment.

Thank you

Tracy Provines

They gave me a lousy $1.50 for the survey! I am NOT a happy camper with OO and there horrible customer service in this matter!

Well they finally paid me for the $3.50 survey that I successfully and fully completed. They also gave me an extra $1.50 for the trouble and time that I went through trying to get this money that I rightfully deserve! However I just wish that it didn't have to go through all that just to get paid.

Been doing survey's now for over 3 years from several different company's now and that is the first time I have ever been accused of "You were not captured as a complete because of data quality in answering surveys such as but not limited to speeding, straight lining, etc."! :evil: I am not sure what company OO sent me to so I could dp this survey, but the company sent OO information back couldn't even give a straight answer as to why, so they just listed a few "speeding, Straight Lining, etc"! If some one is going to make accusations against you, then have the exact reason why, don't just throw a bunch of reasons why and not pint point one reason! :evil:

OO is a good company for the most part, but when it comes to customer service on getting credits for surveys that you honestly and successfully complete, there customer service is horrible!

Well on Monday they added another $2,00 to my account for the problems and time I spent on getting this issue straightened out! I must say they have made up for the problems! :D

• 1 month later...

Just took a 20 point survey from them yesterday and didn't get credit. I was doing the demographic info and then it went to an error page. I was able to go back to the previous page and complete the survey. Then it took me to a survey site instead of re-directing me back to OO. The survey is showing as started and I am not doing it again. I emailed them but know they won't respond. Looks like another BBB complaint against them. I have screen shots of the last page of the survey and the survey site I was taken to after completing it.

Just took a 20 point survey from them yesterday and didn't get credit. I was doing the demographic info and then it went to an error page. I was able to go back to the previous page and complete the survey. Then it took me to a survey site instead of re-directing me back to OO. The survey is showing as started and I am not doing it again. I emailed them but know they won't respond. Looks like another BBB complaint against them. I have screen shots of the last page of the survey and the survey site I was taken to after completing it.

Yeah they will NOT budge on it at all, until they get the complaint from the BBB, then they will give you your points!

But beware, I forgot to update this post and tell everyone the SCREW JOB they gave me! On the second complaint I ever had to file with the BBB on them, they finally gave me the $3.50 they owed me plus the extra $3.00 I asked for my trouble and time spent on the whole matter! Well right after I got all the money and cashed out, which was about the beginning of October, they decided to SCREW ME, by NOT sending a single survey to me since then! :evil: But I am still a member and I can still log into my account! So they might thought it was okay for them to SCREW ME over like that, because HOW DARE I file a complaint with the BBB against them! :lol: Well they pretty much screwed themselves over in the long run, because I will continue to tell EVERYONE how they SCREWED ME over and NOT to join them!

So DO NOT be surprised if you get the SCREW JOB also! Just thought I would warn you and give you ALL the heads up on what they will do if you go to the BBB on them, at least 2 times!

This is what happened to your survey. You were not captured as a complete because of data quality in answering surveys such as but not limited to speeding, straight lining, etc. Please understand that we, in return we only get paid for their lists of completes with good and of high quality data. As a token of appreciation to your willingness to complete surveys for us, we have credited your account some thank you points and it will show as “thank you-Willing to participate”.

LOL

Yeah, some company gave me this crap a while back (amazing how it was the only time ever and I never change the way I do surveys. I have never once before or since been complained about) and I pressed them to tell me what exactly was wrong, and don't just keep speaking to me in general terms and off a script. I said I wanted "EXACT locations and evidence of what I did wrong" and that "I guess I can lie if you want me to worry about beating your checks instead of these 'honest answers' you say you want. Heaven forbid my honest answers happen to repeat 3 times in a row on a scale. I mean, I if like something, I might like three things in a row! GASP! OMG! NOOOO!" Noted. I'll worry about my pattern of answers instead of clicking the truth. Thank you for telling me how to do your surveys.

Never got a response, ended up getting credit - was the last survey I ever did for them.

Gets on my nerves how these companies are. And considering how pathetic the payments are - so what if I aggravate them and they delete me. Oh no, might not make $10 every 2 weeks anymore. Horror...

Yeah they will NOT budge on it at all, until they get the complaint from the BBB, then they will give you your points!

But beware, I forgot to update this post and tell everyone the SCREW JOB they gave me! On the second complaint I ever had to file with the BBB on them, they finally gave me the $3.50 they owed me plus the extra $3.00 I asked for my trouble and time spent on the whole matter! Well right after I got all the money and cashed out, which was about the beginning of October, they decided to SCREW ME, by NOT sending a single survey to me since then! :evil: But I am still a member and I can still log into my account! So they might thought it was okay for them to SCREW ME over like that, because HOW DARE I file a complaint with the BBB against them! :lol: Well they pretty much screwed themselves over in the long run, because I will continue to tell EVERYONE how they SCREWED ME over and NOT to join them!

So DO NOT be surprised if you get the SCREW JOB also! Just thought I would warn you and give you ALL the heads up on what they will do if you go to the BBB on them, at least 2 times!

If they do this to me I don't care. Who wants to do surveys for a dishonest company? I am slowly dropping the survey companies that give me problems. The waste of time is not with the rewards, and with everyone going to free surveys, I will leave them for those will spend the hours doing surveys for a chance to win something.