Something suspected - older people NOT wanted!

oldchap

Keep seeing tweets from ‘Survey Compare’ - they seem to just have links to to the various survey companies, and have the usual claims that you can earn £50+ every week for a few minutes.

They’ve just put another on:-

“Born between 1961 and 2000?  Great news, you may be eligible for our surveys! For a moment of your free time, you could earn great cash rewards, prizes and gift vouchers!

Don't delay, sign up today“

I commented ‘So in addition to unrealistic claims, now anyone over 58 need not bother’

No response.....

16 hours ago, helpusjesus said:

Hi episemion, I was born in Rochester small world, lets make some record money this year

What part of Rochester? Born here in the city near Dewey and West Ridge and have lived in the area all my life. Now live near where the river enters the lake.

I will be 62 this year and I am definitely not making as much, but it has been a slow wind down, nothing happened overnite. 

62, a very popular age, and count me in! :lol:

I get about as many surveys as I can handle. Just haven't been at this long enough to say if I'm getting less or not.

My mother is in her 60's and complains about this a lot. As I pointed out to her, it likely has everything to do with not having any minor children (a lot of things are geared at kids or families in general,) Also not having high enough income/retirement payments to meet the income demographic they're catering to. When our family income was struggling down in the $20k range, it used to be that I didn't qualify for much at all, and I assume companies in general don't give a hoot about anyone living on less (which is understandable, you don't make money from someone who doesn't have it to spend, so they're not a demographic you care about) My mother isn't even scratching $10k in SS income, so it's very understandable they're not interested in the opinions of someone who is below poverty level income & can't afford their products or services..

Other things to consider is the likelihood that the older someone is, the less likely they are to have an interest in modern tech & services (smartphones, gaming computers, smart devices, subscription services like mealkit delivery or entertainment streaming, ride-sharing, etc)

It's not that they're snubbing you personally, it's that you're literally aging out of the core demographics companies cater to because that's who they make their buck from. This will happen to ALL of us survey takers eventually, the survey gravy train isn't infinite.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, yobry1 said:

Focus groups and most test product surveys only want mellinials and to hell with the rest.

They do want you if you like to invest.Not me-

6 minutes ago, footfree said:

They do want you if you like to invest.Not me-

I, like many others in these forums have noticed a substantial decrease in invites and dqs once you turn 40(a gen xer).