Cable box serial number survey

somelady

Has any one else gotten the survey where they ask you to send pictures of your cable boxes with the serial numbers showing?  I think they are only paying $.50 for the survey. I always close out this survey. I am not going to give them this info especially for 50 cents. I would have to get out the camera, move stuff around for the serial number to show, that's too much work. And there's no telling what they would do with the info, they could record what I watch and not pay for the info. They could also do something to the box.   I highly suspect that the boxes have cameras in them and they could tap into them. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen that one for sure.  They don't need that info, and I have to take my box in every so often because it fails, so it wouldn't do them much good to have that number. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I, too, have gotten this request from a few different survey sites.  I didn't complete it since it would have involved too much work to get the information.  But after reading it is a good thing I didn't.  They might have access to my viewing history and there is enough spying without adding to it willingly.

• Like 2