Can't continue taking surveys unless you give them this info

somelady

I took a survey, I think it was Valued Opinions. They survey said I didn't qualify then asked for my zip code so they could find me another survey. I closed it out and went back to my dash board and clicked on another survey. The same message popped up asking for the zip code. The site wouldn't let me take anymore surveys unless I gave them the zip code, so I quit for the day.

I don't mind giving my zip code but I don't like being directed to another survey especially when I don't know how long it is or how much it pays.  I also expect to take they survey I click on and not be directed to another.

This was unusual for Valued Opinions and it reeks of Cint.

• Like 1

• Administrator changed the title to Can't continue taking surveys unless you give them this info

In the good old days of VO, it was owned by an independent company. They had a pre-screening section. It worked by asking a member the usual demographic info every few weeks before a survey. So most of the time there wouldn't be any pre-screening questions and it would just go direct to said survey.

When SSI did the merger they have messed up this pre-screening script. They have added more questions to it and have made it so it asks these questions every single day before a participant can take any surveys. They have also integrated this "on site" pre-screener to their OO platform.

Unfortunately this is just the way of the site now. Think of it not as being redirected to a survey but having to give those answers before being able to take a survey. It's "on site" screening so it's not like you are giving that info to a third party. It's a ridiculous script that SSI have integrated in the wrong way.

• Like 1

I always get the pre screening questions before a survey, this was different.  it would come up when I clicked on the survey. I think it was  fluke, it only happened that one day.

Yeah I know it's different?

Are we talking about a screen like:

1495186636_surveyvo1.jpg.3ba48c17f59d95c2529ca7d8016cc785.jpg

If so, that's what I was on about and for me it comes up every single day. Like now to get that screenshot I clicked a survey about "entertainment". The pre-screener questions it asked were then irrelevant and about health and beauty. I answer pre screening questions and next screen:

"Thank you for your answers, unfortunately you did not meet the desired demographic criteria or consumer habits that our client was looking for."

Then the survey it invited me to do was "business". 

In other words, no matter what survey I clicked on from the list, it was ALWAYS going to ask me those health and beauty questions. As SSI have messed up the programming on that VO script when they merged. 

It was  "Thank you for your answers, unfortunately you did not meet the desired demographic criteria or consumer habits that our client was looking for." Along with  something like " Give us your zip code so we can find you a survey"

It's become quite common, sorry to say, and as for anything to do with Cint, just Quit. 

My record is twenty "According to your profile....sorry you don't fit this survey" and round & round.

Just cashed out VO and closed account, get less prizes, but MUCH LESS frustration

• Like 1