opinion outpost, are they also closing down

kittykay

I was a member of both survey spot and Opinion Outpost until my account was deactivated by both survey spot and Opinion Outpost on 4/18/19.  I sent both e-mails, requesting them to restore my membership.  Survey spot did restore my membership on 4/23/19 and today, I got a e-mail saying they are closing down on 5/29/19.  Opinion Outpost hasn't answered my repeated calls, facebook posts and e-mails.  Evidently, according to survey spot they received a hard bounce on a survey invitation that was sent me. This is what also happened with Opinion Outpost.  Did anyone get an e-mail saying Opinion Outpost was also closing down?    That would explain their recent behavior towards me.   I became a member today of OpinionWorld and I will see how that one goes.  Opinion Outpost was my favorite survey company but recently they have gone down-hill.  Maybe it is a good thing that they refuse to restore my membership.  I was a 12 year member  and this is how Opinion Outpost treats their panel members.

I haven't had any emails from OO saying they are closing down.

Some surveys have been iffy there recently though for the first time ever. I completed one survey, final page, redirected back to receive my credit and it came up with sorry this survey is now closed.

Just now I did another survey, completed it and redirected back to get credit.... Error message saying their servers are currently under maintenance. I went back to the survey 5 minutes later and it said the study is now closed..... Great!!!

Survey Spot closing is probably a fall-out of the Research Now - SSI merger.  They now fall under a company called Dynata.  I have not seen anything about them closing OO either.  It would not surprise me if we see additional panels bite the dust though.

Finally today, 5/2/19 my membership with Opinion Outpost was reinstated.  it was a hard bounced e-mail that inactivated my account.  It took several e-mails, 2 facebook posting and 2 calls to finally get someone to re-activate my account.