Why bother when the survey is going to show a list?

Cliche01

Any one else get a bit annoyed with surveys that want you to type in every type of some product or company you've heard of, when they then just show a list of them to pick from?  I mean what's the point?  I've actually got into the habit of writing in 'why bother asking when the survey is going to show a list?', and still end up being able to complete them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

And then they ask endless specific questions about products or companies you've "heard of" but don't have any detailed knowledge about.

"Have you ever heard of Blast detergent?"

"Yes. But I've never used it."

"Great! Here are thirty detailed questions about Blast detergent." :lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, somelady said:

I usually list just one.

Same here , since they already have a list for you. 

I also hate it when they ask questions galore about businesses (stores , banks) that are not in your area.

• Like 2

I think the idea is to get an impression of you knowledge of the subject. Either that or test 'brand awareness'

For the car ones I list as many defunct and historic brands as I can think of, like Hupmobile, Cord, Austin and De Lorean.

It's a bit of mental exercise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2019 at 4:50 PM, NevadaJones said:

And then they ask endless specific questions about products or companies you've "heard of" but don't have any detailed knowledge about.

Yeah, those drive me up the wall as well, when a survey babbles on about something I've either mentioned I've heard of, but never use, or never heard of at all.  "Would you recommend it to your friends"?  "Is it worth paying more for"?  Heck if I know!  

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 5:57 AM, Siegfried said:

I think the idea is to get an impression of you knowledge of the subject. Either that or test 'brand awareness'

For the car ones I list as many defunct and historic brands as I can think of, like Hupmobile, Cord, Austin and De Lorean.

Okay yeah, I can see that, maybe just wanting to see what brands you can think of off the top of your head even though they show the list.  I like the idea of putting in out of date brands though...

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 5:57 AM, Siegfried said:

Model T, Model A, Packard.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, NevadaJones said:

You cannot be more accurate and exact in your comment. I feel the same way and wonder if the panels would edit our honest responses when we have nothing to say about a product/service that we "heard of" but we have never used or have no opinion at all. Why do they waste their time and ours over and over trying to get some kind of response no matter what?  Example: I do not drink beer and I stated that from the beginning of the survey, but the survey asks me what is may favorite brand of beer and why I like it? It is just insane!  Is there someone who can explain that to me and to the panel's customer who pays for the survey?

• Like 3