Why I loathe taking surveys anymore

footfree

I guess I am burned out - been tryin to get paid by One Opinion however I cannot make myself do their surveys .However the reason being is that it seems I'm  getting the same surveys over and over again.At some point you know there is no way you will qualify so why even bother.I'm like 2300 points away from cashing out but I have only been able to complete a 50 point survey in the last 4 days.Seems like they are purposefully slowing down to keep me from cashing out.

You can do up to 5 disquals/day, for which you get 50 points apiece. I reached a certain point, cashed out, and quit them.

Are you registered with any other companies?

I seem to do OK there. Most of the surveys are DQs , but they do add up. So far , been able to cash out for 3 $25 Walmart cards this year. The only issue I have with the site is that their system sees my rotary dial land line phone as VOIP and the cash out fails. However , I simply email support , mention the issue (they are aware of it) , and they manually handle it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, footfree said:

I guess I am burned out - been tryin to get paid by One Opinion however I cannot make myself do their surveys .However the reason being is that it seems I'm  getting the same surveys over and over again.At some point you know there is no way you will qualify so why even bother.I'm like 2300 points away from cashing out but I have only been able to complete a 50 point survey in the last 4 days.Seems like they are purposefully slowing down to keep me from cashing out.

You probably are just burned out maybe taking a break would help

I do DQ a lot but the 50 point d's  dailys does help and the when I least expect it I will qualify for one

• Like 1

I had a bad series of experiences with OneOpinion a couple of years ago and they became distasteful to attempt. Below is the email I sent to support and OneOpinion principals Hugh and Keith;

SUBJECT: OneOpinion, member mistreatment, tedium and process fatigue

I’ve been trying your surveys for about six months and OneOpinion survey system is layers of completing low-value tedious surveys with the unusually high screen out.
I’m also bothered by all the personal questions I have to keep answering over and over and over.  When I asked support to show what has been gathered, that I wanted
to exam my information that was held by OneOpinion, support was evasive. I pressed that what I was asking what part of the privacy policy, they evaded the request again.

The yield from your panels has dropped, meaning the interval has increased, triple what I was able to achieve in the first half my membership.  It is hard to determine what the screenout rate is because OneOpinion will not disclose to me my complete history. I also do not appreciate having my account silently deactivated for transgressions that I’ve been accused of but OneOpinion refused to apprise me of. This is a Kafkaesque policy.  Overall, I’ve been treated as suspicious and I’m tired of the paltry rewards for accepting this mistreatment.

They did assist me with cashing out, even though I had not reached the payout threshold yet.  

I still wince when OneOpinion comes up in a battery of routers.

• Confused 1

Although I've been getting DQed more lately at OneOpinion, and the higher paying surveys are not so higher paying lately, I've still been able to cash out $25 about every three or four weeks since starting there nearly a year ago.

Go figure. I'll enjoy it while I can. 

• Like 1

I do well there so can't complain. You have been doing surveys long enough to know that you have good and bad days. Take a rest from surveys and things will look better. Been there done that like they say. It's all part of the game.

• Like 2