Doubled Surveys

jaswar

Has anyone else noticed this trend? You finish a survey about a product or service, then it says something like "changing topics" and starts a whole new set of questions about a completely different product. The last time it happened it was about the local electric utility and my opinion of their customer service. After a few minutes they switched to questions about Dell computers. No, it did not DQ me from the first one and start me on another, it was all one survey and I did get the promised reward. This has happened before and seems to be happening more lately. Like they think they are paying so much that they need to get 2 surveys into 1.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure what they were doing when this happened.  Usually I just get dq'd or get an error at the end of the survey.  But I have gotten the changing the topic survey a few times. 

• Like 2

I had one earlier today that must have changed topics at least five times. And, of course, none of the topics were even remotely related to one another. :51_scream:

• Like 1

Typically I get warned when a survey is going to do this, it will say something like 'we want your opinion on multiple topics" ahead of time. But yeah, I do get some that just ramble all over the place, and even sometimes say "and on another subject" before asking about something else.  Guess I don't mind if the survey is a reasonable amount of time, but beyond that, I sometimes say screw it, it isn't worth the effort or reward.