Same survey more than once

NevadaJones

I know it's considered taboo to do the same survey more than once, and I do close out a survey if it begins to look too familiar. (Although there have been times I've continued a survey I think I've done before only to see the questions vary quite a bit from what I had remembered originally.)

Anyway, often for me to get to new surveys on OneOpinion, I have to go through the routine of getting DQed from surveys I know I've been offered before. The two most notorious being a movie survey and the "Do you have your pants in front of you" one. :lol: If I don't get DQed from those when they come up and get them out of the way, I can't get to new and different ones. Bet I've been DQed from those two surveys more than a dozen times each already!

How do others approach surveys that show up, and you know you've done them already, likely through a different site or router?

On 6/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, NevadaJones said:

I know it's considered taboo to do the same survey more than once, and I do close out a survey if it begins to look too familiar. (Although there have been times I've continued a survey I think I've done before only to see the questions vary quite a bit from what I had remembered originally.)

Anyway, often for me to get to new surveys on OneOpinion, I have to go through the routine of getting DQed from surveys I know I've been offered before. The two most notorious being a movie survey and the "Do you have your pants in front of you" one. :lol: If I don't get DQed from those when they come up and get them out of the way, I can't get to new and different ones. Bet I've been DQed from those two surveys more than a dozen times each already!

How do others approach surveys that show up, and you know you've done them already, likely through a different site or router?

You can also do the same survey on different sites. Yesterday I did the same survey 3 times on 3 different sites.   The worst that will happen is they say you already did the survey.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, NevadaJones said:

On OneOpinion as soon as you see you don't want to do the survey even to dq. at the top of your browser click on history and click OneOpinion dash board. You can do the same when you have one of those pop up windows , like after completing a survey and it goes back to the site but you don't like the pop up window. Just close it out  and  then click on history , the same page you just closed come back in your browser window.  

You can do the same on other sites, close out the survey you don't want then go back to your dashboard.

• Like 1

Great suggestion about OneOpinion:91_thumbsup:I'll give it a tryout. Hopefully the same survey won't show up again as it usually does when I close my browser completely. I'm so sick of the pants and movies surveys that I don't even want to do them for the DQ points.

Thanks! :-D

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 2:07 AM, somelady said:

You can also do the same survey on different sites. Yesterday I did the same survey 3 times on 3 different sites.   The worst that will happen is they say you already did the survey.

I've got to agree with somelady on this one, it's hard to tell who runs what anymore as far as survey companies go, and I do find myself getting the same survey from more than one site.  Heck, sometimes I even notice getting the same 'screener' questions.  I go ahead and re-take the survey anyway.  It may be 'taboo' sort of thing to do, but points is points and cash is cash, guess I'm just a pirate. 

• Like 2

It's not taboo in my book. Their routers or whatever should catch that I've done the survey on another site. A few months ago, my husband and I actually got the same product test (thru different sites). I was surprised at that because I thought maybe they would throw out duplicate addresses but they didn't. It was a very generic product, nothing that really called for a female vs male opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've done the same survey a few times and I feel if they didn't want me to do it over again they wouldn't send it.

• Like 1

I also do surveys on MechanicalTurk. Between that and survey sites, I've done the presidential elections surveys possibly 50 times, the one asking about your party affiliation and who you voted for in the last 4 elections. Think of it this way: if you've already done a survey several times, you can do it faster now.

• Haha 2

I've had this happen several times over the years and yes, sometimes you can do the same survey on different sites but most times it will tell you you've already completed the survey BUT, you will only get paid from the FIRST site you completed the survey. The company that hired the survey sites to disperse the surveys checks your IP address and if it shows up more than once, all but one completed survey is accepted and your paid for it. This is why you will sometimes see an incentive disappear from a panel  your a member of. So do yourself a favor and don't waste your time bcoz the client WILL catch it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 1:27 PM, yobry1 said:

I've had this happen several times over the years and yes, sometimes you can do the same survey on different sites but most times it will tell you you've already completed the survey BUT, you will only get paid from the FIRST site you completed the survey. The company that hired the survey sites to disperse the surveys checks your IP address and if it shows up more than once, all but one completed survey is accepted and your paid for it. This is why you will sometimes see an incentive disappear from a panel  your a member of. So do yourself a favor and don't waste your time bcoz the client WILL catch it.

I don't believe the above is true. I get all these partner surveys, some I have done 3-4 times, and I always get paid. As some have said, they have done the same survey multiple times, and sometimes it will indicate I already did the survey. I get screwed enough that I don't feel the least bit guilty if I do the same survey multiple times and get paid for it. Not taboo at all to me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I don't believe the above is true. I get all these partner surveys, some I have done 3-4 times, and I always get paid. As some have said, they have done the same survey multiple times, and sometimes it will indicate I already did the survey. I get screwed enough that I don't feel the least bit guilty if I do the same survey multiple times and get paid for it. Not taboo at all to me.

It's true for ACOP. Whenever I do a survey for another panel, then do the same survey for ACOP, I NEVER get compensated from ACOP, and before GTM became LP's, if I completed the survey with them and another survey panel, GTM would remove the points, as i mentioned, the company who hired the survey company can see the same survey done more than once from the same person bcoz of your IP address, not your panel ID or email addy. The client (co who hires the survey panels)is who reads the survey responses, NOT the survey panel admins.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:21 AM, nj07208 said:

It's not taboo in my book. Their routers or whatever should catch that I've done the survey on another site. A few months ago, my husband and I actually got the same product test (thru different sites). I was surprised at that because I thought maybe they would throw out duplicate addresses but they didn't. It was a very generic product, nothing that really called for a female vs male opinion. 

WOW, you got very lucky.

I don't think ppl should be bragging about completing them more than once from different sites here. The panel admins lurk in these forums so you could be setting yourself up to get kicked off a survey panel.

On 7/8/2019 at 4:56 PM, yobry1 said:

I don't think ppl should be bragging about completing them more than once from different sites here. The panel admins lurk in these forums so you could be setting yourself up to get kicked off a survey panel.

They can't do that. I't not like it's our fault and the ones that tell us we already took the survey we don't even know which survey it was going to be. There's no way we could intentionally take the same survey over and over on one panel and they can't drop us for taking surveys on another panel.

Some of the surveys ask different questions and focus on something different like the What you bought in the last 3 months survey. I get that survey on 4 or 5 panels and most of them focus on a different thing you bought.

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2019 at 5:56 PM, yobry1 said:

I don't think there's anyone bragging. I was just explaining that if I get the same survey, I will try to complete it. As Somelady said, they're often looking for different things. There are a lot of tv/movie type surveys that look the same but ask different questions. It's also up to the panel to have filters in place if that is an issue for them.  I would also think a lot of people do not use the same "names" here that they do on other sites so getting kicked off a panel wouldn't happen.

• Like 3