Ipsos / i-Say not paying for surveys

SupremeC

I know I am not alone here. Lately, I have been in a situation where I took a survey, completed it, only to be told at the end of the survey that the survey had enough respondents. So I asked them about it. Response was:

Hi,

Thanks for your email!

For each survey, there are a set number of respondents who fall under different profiling categories called "quotas". If, for example, we need 150 people aged 25-30 to answer a certain survey, the 151st that enters the questionnaire will be screened out as the quota has already been reached for the required number of results.

We appreciate your interest and, as always, will have a new survey available for you shortly!

Regards,

Darin

i-Say Panel Support Team

So I said:

If that is the case, then explain how it is I sat there all that time taking that survey? That survey should have ended after the qualifying questions. Moreover. How is it the survey was even available if it had enough respondents? I guess what you are saying is, you'll allow as many people as possible to take a survey, you just don't want to pay any of them over that quota needed

I have to tell you, Darin. This is one of the reasons why a lot of people are suspicious of survey companies.

The only place that seems reputable anymore is OneOpinion. If that happens, or any issue with a survey for that matter, if you contact them about it they will reward the points no questions asked. I had several surveys where I got some kind of error message and pointed it out to Emily, their virtual Member Care assistant, and was immediately awarded the points. IPSOS/i-Say is starting to float around the bottom of the barrel, IMHO.

• Like 1

Ipsos is the worst. I don’t even do them anymore. I have gotten so many of those issues like the very ones you, posted and received the SAME response. Cringe when I get Ipsos in other routers as well. The only, only, only good thing is that redemptions come quickly but it is HELL getting to one. I can’t stand them, lol. One Opinion is just okay. Point values have reduced significantly, screen outs are up and they have the MOST boring surveys in my personal opinion. I got on board when they started and absolutely loved them. But unfortunately, due to dishonest panel members and I’m sure issues with survey sponsors, they changed everything and have been gradually sliding towards other sites’mediocre methods of payment and screening. I’ve been saying for the last few months that I anticipate them moving towards taking time to approve points like PointClub and GoBranded eventually. That’s just also my personal opinion but they have fallen out of favor especially when I read reviews from others, too.

• Like 1

The problem is they will allow you to enter the survey if the respondent quota is not met yet.  However, if other respondents complete the survey before you do and the quota fills up, you will get a "quota filled" error and they will reject your response no matter how far you have progressed into the survey.  It's one of my pet peeves about survey panels.  This is why I prefer panels that give you points for DQs.  Also it's the reason why I don't do surveys longer than 30 minutes.  The probability of the quota being filled while you are doing a long survey goes up, so I prefer not to waste that much time attempting a survey only to be rejected by a quota fill right at the end of wasting 30+ minutes.

• Like 3

I find that Ipsos has decent returns but their support sucks for air. So your report of an ineffectual response is par for the course. Usually Ipsos gets you through the screening process quickly. However, we are probably of different demographics, i'm nearly 60.  If you are really pissed and feel cheated, then you should submit a complaint to ESOMAR. ESOMAR is a professional organization and you should construct your complaint as such. you can start your ESOMAR complaint here: https://www.esomar.org/what-we-do/submit-a-complaint

Your complaint will be directed to a senior and most likely C-Level person in Ipsos

• Like 1

14 hours ago, schludermann said:

I find that Ipsos has decent returns but their support sucks for air. So your report of an ineffectual response is par for the course. Usually Ipsos gets you through the screening process quickly. However, we are probably of different demographics, i'm nearly 60.  If you are really pissed and feel cheated, then you should submit a complaint to ESOMAR. ESOMAR is a professional organization and you should construct your complaint as such. you can start your ESOMAR complaint here: https://www.esomar.org/what-we-do/submit-a-complaint

Your complaint will be directed to a senior and most likely C-Level person in Ipsos

I've never had the screening process last 15-20 minutes on any survey, anywhere. As far as demographics go, I'm 50.

Thanks for the link. I'll consider a ESOMAR complaint.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:47 PM, jberri12 said:

The problem is they will allow you to enter the survey if the respondent quota is not met yet.  However, if other respondents complete the survey before you do and the quota fills up, you will get a "quota filled" error and they will reject your response no matter how far you have progressed into the survey.

That's all well and good, but if you are at the end of the survey., they should be rewarding more than 5 points.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:08 AM, GammiWoo said:

Ipsos is the worst. I don’t even do them anymore. I have gotten so many of those issues like the very ones you, posted and received the SAME response. Cringe when I get Ipsos in other routers as well. The only, only, only good thing is that redemptions come quickly but it is HELL getting to one. I can’t stand them, lol.

I've been doing Ipsos survey's less and less. I'm also done with their Memorable Moments panel now that they separated the points from survey points. It's not worth my time any longer. So, I just cashed out the 500 points I had for the $5 Amazon gift card.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SupremeC said:

That's all well and good, but if you are at the end of the survey., they should be rewarding more than 5 points.

Agreed.  Any respondent who enters the survey before the quota is filled and completes the entire survey should receive the full incentive, regardless whether the quota filled while they were doing the survey or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I feel your pain, but have gotten over it.  I can't say I've had issues with Ipsos, but used to rant and rave with Opinion Outpost over this.  Sometimes they'd give me a few extra points, but after a while it just wasn't worth it.  I'm not going to pretend I understand how the heck survey sites operate, or allow myself to get pissed off by them anymore, it's not worth the stress and headache, and I honestly wonder at times if they 'target' people for complaining.  So I just chill, have a beer and carry on. 

• Like 1

Ipsos surveys are so slow to load that when I see any one of them  on my screen I leave my browser deal with it and go wash the dishes. At least, I feel I am doing something useful with my time. 

On 6/14/2019 at 3:28 PM, SupremeC said:

I know I am not alone here. Lately, I have been in a situation where I took a survey, completed it, only to be told at the end of the survey that the survey had enough respondents. So I asked them about it. Response was:

So I said:

The only place that seems reputable anymore is OneOpinion. If that happens, or any issue with a survey for that matter, if you contact them about it they will reward the points no questions asked. I had several surveys where I got some kind of error message and pointed it out to Emily, their virtual Member Care assistant, and was immediately awarded the points. Ipsos/i-Say is starting to float around the bottom of the barrel, IMHO.

I can understand quotas but I don't understand letting a person start taking or finishing a survey then saying over quota and you get nothing for your time. To me once a survey taker starts taking that survey they should be paid when finished. The over quota should start after that person has started the survey so no one else should be able to begin. I hope I said that right.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...