Is it possible to go through a day without seeing a Geico ad?

Cliche01

The topic says it all.  Unless you spend all day in bed, is it possible to go through a day without seeing a Geico ad and that freaking lizard?  I mean come on, they are on the net, on the radio, on TV, in magazines, on billboards, mall kiosks, posters.  Maybe if Geico took all that cash and gave it to drivers for being safe, we wouldn't need auto insurance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha, I'm not going to argue with that logic. And that doesn't even include all the Geico ads that don't feature the gekko.  

• Like 2

Also, it is not possible to go through a day without seeing Rob Lowe pushing his Atkins food, especially that vanilla crissssssp bar. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'll admit some of the ads have been pretty funny, the cavemen and squirrels, for example.  But I still feel it's a bit of overkill, especially with the gecko character.  Maybe he needs a buddy or lady friend to mix things up a bit.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My favorite with them is the squirrels.  The gecko can go.  Still my all time insurance commercial is Sheryl's She Shed.  Thinking of getting one of those myself.

• Like 4

As far as car insurance ads go, I rather like the 'Mayhem' character from Allstate.  I guess that sort of dark humor just appeals to me more, and I don't see him 24/7 everywhere I go.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2019 at 5:39 PM, Cliche01 said:

As far as car insurance ads go, I rather like the 'Mayhem' character from Allstate.  I guess that sort of dark humor just appeals to me more, and I don't see him 24/7 everywhere I go.  

I absolutely love the Mayhem commercials! I always laugh when I see them. I like that type of humor too.

• Like 3

My favorite Geico ad was the camel -"Guess what day it is?" So funny. I like the lizard, especially the Aussie accent.

On the other hand, those Progressive commercials are seriously annoying. I cannot stand the Flo character. I usually mute the sound when those commercials come on.

• Like 3

Haha, yeah, Progressive and Flo are next in line behind Geico as far as having way too many ads everywhere you look.  Maybe it's just me, but she comes off more like the kind of gal you'd expect to be serving coffee and a 'damn fine slice of pie' in some roadside place than selling insurance.  And I'm sure I'm going to get all kinds of flak for type casting women.  

• Like 2

On 7/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

My favorite Geico ad was the camel -"Guess what day it is?" So funny.

"Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike..." :lol:

I do like the newest Flo ad where she's mistaken for the maid over and over. :4_joy:

• Haha 2

Okay, have to say I've not seen those before...I like the sort of 'Rod Serling' dude who introduces them.  

• 4 months later...

Hey guys help me out. I embedded that Pet Shop Boys video well that night but have not been able to figure out how to do it again. Please fill me in on how to do it. 

• Like 1