lifepoints and payments

edgar00

I qualify roughly the same amount as before. Maybe a little more, it depends on the day (like all survey sites, I might as well say).

On 6/25/2019 at 5:52 PM, footfree said:

Okay if everything you say is true then why even bother giving a $5 pay out option?

Can't say that it's absolutely true but, this is from my observance since the changeover.

On 6/26/2019 at 5:07 AM, episemion said:

LifePoints is not really "new". Kantar simply merged mysurvey and GTM and renamed the merger as LifePoints. They are still using the same third party redemption processing firm (perk.com) as before. Any redemption issues would be with the redemption company and not LifePoints .

So far , since the merger / renaming , things have been fairly smooth for me there. Adequate surveys and redemptions are received within a week. Their CS response has not changed from the way it was , but I have had all tickets responded to , usually within a couple of days.  

Ok, new name then, but to us who were NOT members of mysurvey, it IS new to us. I tried mysurvey years ago and it was garbage to me compared the GTM. I also haven't had any issues redeeming, but of course I learned not to redeem the min amount years ago bcoz of observing these forums and noticing so many ppl on GTM and diff panels complaining about not getting credited, accts closed for no reason. I see a pattern here among many panels that do this. I'm surprised no one else hasn't noticed this.

On 6/26/2019 at 1:47 PM, Vodkapirate said:

I've been at this for 17 years, so I know how things are as well. LifePoints is new in name ONLY. Still owned by Kantar, just merged their companies.  Calling them out for their horrid website that is full of errors, barely works on some days, and that lately has also started glitching in the rewards department isn't "jumping the gun." They told us for MONTHS that they were going to open a new website, so they had all that time to correctly code the website and test it for issues. Saying you should expect any website to behave like this for the entire first year is ridiculous. EVERY website has issues, that's true. But there's a difference between a few bugs here and there, and a website that won't work at ALL for hours at least once a week. That's just poor design.

GlobalTestMarket and mysurvey were far from perfect, but I actually preferred things then (comparatively speaking). I always got paid when I was supposed to, for one thing.

Then you also should've noticed this when panels change their format/website/merge, etc. There are some, not all , that have taken a year before working out all the bugs while others run smooth within 6 months. With all the issues LifePoints is having compared to others who've made drastic changes over the years, I estimate it will be a year bfore all the bugs are completely worked out.

On another note, many ppl complain about kantar, yet they're the majority of test products we receive. In the last 4-5 yrs now, every test product I've gotten except 2 or 3 from panels, and even those panels not owned by kantar(other than Pinecone of course), actually  come from kantar.

Just because some panels take a year to produce a fully functioning website does NOT mean we should accept it as something that should happen. "Oh it's how it almost always is" shouldn't be how you look at things. It should be "How can we avoid failing at our job (job in this case being website programming and/or design) like so many before us?" I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a company to want to do a good job - not just for their users, but for the image it projects to everyone.

I also wasn't complaining about Kantar - like others in this thread, I merely pointed out their role in creating LifePoints, as opposed to LP being a brand new company starting from scratch, like you seemed to imply earlier.

Lastly, I think anyone capable of reading return address labels on a product test has actually been able to put together that Kantar handles a good amount of that. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Cashed out for $20 Paypal on 6/25 and the payment was received today (7/2). Exactly one week.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 2:26 PM, peach6 said:

I seem to qualify more now that the are combined but doesn't do me much good if I'm not getting paid.

Me too.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting rewards in a timely fashion, though I still don't understand why LifePoints can't issue Amazon gift codes within hours like Ipsos does, rather than 5-7 days. They do this with diaries as well, where you have to wait 6-8 weeks to be credited when others pay out immediately.

What I have noticed since the switch-over however, is a marked increase (though these issues did exist before) in completed surveys not giving rewards, follow-up surveys (ad-ons) not being rewarded, and customer service that will respond to you with the same auto reply no matter how much detail and proof of completion (screen shots) you give them no matter what. The new one starts out, "as much as I would like to help you," then tells you how you were screened out even though you were actually told you completed the survey. They're also very good at screening you out WELL into surveys, but that's another issue....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else seeing a total or near total lack of surveys at LifePoints? Also , anyone else seeing the red "Lifepoints" box where the points are displayed only showing the upper half with no points showing?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, episemion said:

Anyone else seeing a total or near total lack of surveys at LifePoints? Also , anyone else seeing the red "LifePoints" box where the points are displayed only showing the upper half with no points showing?

Yes same here

• Like 1