Some OneOpinion sites closing

NevadaJones

Read on another forum (not linking here as I don't know if it's appropriate) that OneOpinion is closing sites in Canada, Germany, Italy and Australia on June 30. US and UK sites supposed to remain open.

Just cashed out at OneOpinion, but I already have enough to cash again. Thinking I might take that, too...just in case.

4 hours ago, episemion said:

Haven't seen or heard anything along those lines. A quick search turned up nothing. 

They haven't announced it publicly, for who knows what reason, but this is accurate. I'd originally heard they were closing across the board, so I sent them a message asking why I hadn't heard anything, and got the response back that they were only closing their international sites, UK and US aren't being touched. Everything else is closing in a couple days - though I was happy to hear that they're doing it right, and manually cashing everyone else out even if they're under $25. 

• Like 3

I think that whole industry is not doing well.Who knows maybe one day surveys will be a thing of the past ,at least the ones that pay.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like, I believe they are called GFK when they closed the US. branch. Yet we still do get surveys from them.

Earlier this year Dynata (merger of Research Now and SSI) acquired Reimagine Holdings (owner of Critical Mix - aka One Opinion).  They are probably shutting down poor performing or duplicate panels from Critical Mix.  That would explain the drop in incentives (and quality) of the surveys coming out of One Opinion.  I wouldn't be surprised if they merge the remainder of the One Opinion panels into existing ones under Dynata.

What's ironic is that some of the founders of Critical Mix originally came from SSI.  I guess they couldn't make it on their own.

• Like 2

I just cashed out my first $25 from them, probably good thing I did. Surveys the last couple of days dried out, and I can't get any more surveys lately. I'll give it another week and dump them if the situation doesn't improve.

I think this is the beginning of the end for One Opinion. I just got a survey that had "Varies" for points and time and a note at the bottom saying this is a  "new thing" they were doing, that I'd be rerouted through several surveys in one of their partner companies to see if one is a match. They were the one company I used the most, precisely because they didn't do that rerouting thing. 

If it keeps going in that direction, my next cashout will be my last.

• Like 4

Just got the "varies" thing myself and, yeah, I'm not thrilled with it. Not knowing how much you'll get for a survey beforehand is not cool. Who wants to do a twenty minute survey for a nickel or dime? Not even me! Hate this as OneOpinion is one of my two or three best sites, although I haven't been qualifying for as many surveys there lately as I used to.

Good news with the "varies" this morning was that I answered one question, was immediately DQed and got my DQ nickel. :lol:

• Like 3

Yep, I just saw that as well. I noped the heck out of that immediately. I agree, they were basically the only survey site of its kind left, that actually paid decently (at least sometimes), and were up-front about what they were paying and how long it would take (so you could nope out of surveys that paid terribly and only take the ones that paid halfway decent). If they're going to start re-routing constantly and not telling you how much you'll get paid per time amount, then I'm going to toss them like they've tossed all the other sites like them, and stick exclusively to sites that don't screen out. 

I'll be sad, though. 

Glad to hear at least they don't do the Cint thing where you keep getting re-routed so you never actually get credit for the screen-out... I still probably won't bother with them, though. I don't want to get to the end of a 20 minute long survey and learn I got a quarter for it, which it appears would be totally possible of them to do, under the current setup. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 6:32 PM, footfree said:

I think that whole industry is not doing well.Who knows maybe one day surveys will be a thing of the past ,at least the ones that pay.

You may be right.

• 3 weeks later...

One Opinion was my favorite panel.

Since Dynanta has taken over, they have turned weird.

Sometimes I'm not getting the DQ points.

It will skip it and tell me to keep trying for more surveys.

Also, I've noticed that the points for surveys are not as high as they used to be. I'm only seeing 500 or 1,000.

After I complete two surveys, they will saw that they are of surveys for the day. Not true, I come back two hours later and a few more surveys got added.

OP is now making it harder for us to cash out. 

• Like 1