Damn you toluna

samp28

Why oh why..... Needless frustration and potential time wasted.

So I do a really really tedious survey on Toluna via Swagbucks. It took me nearly an hour. At last the final classification questions....

It asked for my Zip code....OK..... I put it in with a space..... Error...... I try with no space.... Error..... I try in non caps with and without space....Errors.

I'm always 100% honest in surveys but why should I do all that work, and miss out on 189 SB because of a survey fault?

So I thought "right, maybe as it says "zip" code, thats a USA term rather than "post code". I selected at the start I'm in the UK, but maybe it's a bug thinking I'm in the USA and requiring a US Zip code"..... So I googled a US zip code, put it in.....Error...... I tried another....Error.

Ok..... I google postcodes of places in the local area, try 4 of them....Error's!!! Finally as a last try before closing the survey I google a London Post code and pop it in.....Success.

What the heck? So I got credited. 

I'm hoping it doesn't flag my account but if it does, I really have a case to avoid any closure of my account. What would others have done?

Survey PC error.jpg

Huh, not sure what to tell you seeing as how you're in the UK.  I sometimes run into issues where a survey wants a full 9 digit USA zip code instead of just the regular 5 digit one, but that doesn't sound like what you ran into.   In any case, at least you were able to complete it, and doubt they'll 'flag' you for a zip code and you do have a valid complaint. 

sometimes you can go into the browser cookies and toss just the cookies for the survey company you are working with. also check for adblockers, you might have to add an url to the whitelist

I've had that happen in the beginning of a survey where it says I need a valid zip code. I used my real one but the company says it isn't real so I closed the survey since I don't have anything invested in it. It would be nice if survey writers would only proofread their survey.

• 1 month later...

That has happened to me before. A good idea is writing down the survey # or specific topic and date and try and get the company to officially invalidate it or give you the points.