Having to take a survey on a PC

dawn_b_adams

This drives me nuts! I have an IPad that I use several hours a day. I also have a PC, but it's slow, and I've had so e issues taking surveys on it. My IPad works perfectly fine. So I'll go to start a survey, andnot will say I have to do it on a PC. Now I have tried a number of times to get my PC up and running, copy the link and paste it to the URL, and it never comes up. Now I just exit out. But I don't see why I cannot use my IPad. I think this is unfair for companies to do this. I have complained, but I never get a response, so obviously they don't care.

Have any of you had this issue? Is there any way to get around it?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dawn_b_adams said:

This drives me nuts! I have an IPad that I use several hours a day. I also have a PC, but it's slow, and I've had so e issues taking surveys on it. My IPad works perfectly fine. So I'll go to start a survey, andnot will say I have to do it on a PC. Now I have tried a number of times to get my PC up and running, copy the link and paste it to the URL, and it never comes up. Now I just exit out. But I don't see why I cannot use my IPad. I think this is unfair for companies to do this. I have complained, but I never get a response, so obviously they don't care.

Have any of you had this issue? Is there any way to get around it?

I also have a computer but don't us it very often because it's to slow

I prefer to use my Amazon Tablet  and sO have found some surveys don't work on it

• Like 1

I have the opposite situation. I have a PC (plenty fast) , but no tablet of smartphone. I periodically encounter surveys that inform you after several questions that it must be taken on a mobile device. End of survey. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I also just take surveys via PC.  Sometimes they will ask what kind of device I'm using to take the survey, but I always assumed that was more a visual format thing than the survey working or not working.   In any case, you'd think companies would want people to be able to take surveys on any device. 

• Like 1

Only use a PC here. Clean everything out from your history if it's that slow and make sure you keep it up to date. Check for malware or trackers that will slow you down. I believe it has something to do with the code they use that decides what devices can and can't be used. That's my guess, I'm not a Tech.

• Like 1

I think I said to you about this before and I explained why it happens.

Some surveys are simply not optimised for mobile devices and some use scripting which isn't compatible with them. Therefore many are designed for use with computers that have both wider hardware and software capabilities. People would be more annoyed if it didn't kick them out early for this reason and half way through the survey generates an error because it can't load certain scripting not supported by mobile devices.

Why would survey companies "care" ? They have no say in the matter. Many are just portals that redirect you to the surveys which they have no control over.

Some work the other way where you can only do them on mobile devices (again, this could be because the survey was designed to be taken on a mobile device or could even be asking about that specific device).

Copying a survey URL from mobile to computer simply wouldn't work for a few reasons.

Firstly, when you take a survey, it sort of saves as a cookie the respondent ID. This is used to credit your account when you complete a survey and are redirected back. So even if you can access and take the survey this way, it's unlikely to get you credited without the vital ID (links to who they send the incentive to).

Secondly, often what happens is it creates a session. You have to complete it in one sitting. Refreshing the page (or copying the link to another device) will time it out or deny access to it.

There's no way around it apart from trying to use a desktop PC primarily for taking surveys.