Favorite / Unusual product tests?

Cliche01

I'm sure this has likely been asked before somewhere,  but as far as surveys involving product tests you've taken, what are favorite or most unusual ones you've been sent?  To start off, there's the time I got sent a couple of large frozen pizzas packed in dry ice, which was both pretty cool yet odd.  Then I had one for McCormick spices where I was supposed to make marsala chicken or got sent Hanes underwear. 

• Like 3

I also have received the frozen pizzas in dry ice. :-D

Nothing too unusual other than that so far. I have had soap, soft drinks, parchment paper, veggie mash instant potatoes...

Oh, my favorite was toilet paper. Probably the most practical and useful of all. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had chocolate once. It was 2 individually wrapped extra tiny squares of chocolate in a medium sized box that was insulated with Styrofoam, 3 packs of dry ice and a little thermometer. The chocolate was worth about 20 to 30 cents retail so cost of packaging plus shipping was probably 100 times more than the actual product.

The chocolate tasted horrible too. I gained some respect for chocolate makers after that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I love to do product tests I don't get them very often anymore

I think the most unique one I did was for Furniture Polish I liked the product very much what made it unique was I had to send it back after 2 weeks and I was afraid that I would have a problem at the post office because of it being an aerosol can but they accepted it with no problem.

• Like 3

I had a product test a few weeks ago for a 7-up product & when the product arrived at my home it was infested with ants...the worst thing I've ever seen..looked like ants were laying eggs all over the product..

I contacted the company & sent them pictures...then I get a phone call from them & they try & give me the third degree on the phone like I was the one putting the ants in the box..like really??? somehow they came up with the answer that it was from their warehouse where they ship the product from...needless to say I never drank the product & they sent me another one a day later & this time it had no ants in the box...found it very classless that they would try & accuse me of doing something to the product...like HELLO! I'm trying out your product & getting paid to test it so why would I want to do something so awful as that..

• Like 6

over the years. 2 big packs of tissue. various juices and drinks shipped in a cooler with ice pack, biscuits in a cooler, something in a cooler that also had a thermometer. I still have it but it doesn't work well. Deodorant.  A pizza oven- it's taking up space and being used to store packets of side dishes. I also won a toaster oven from that same survey panel  Laundry detergent. cat food- recently it was about 24 packs of cat food to use a different one each day. Paper towels.   Pads- numerous times. Once they sent me a check to buy a box of white castle sliders. Cheez-its, bugles, chicken jerky.

That's all I can think of right now.

• Like 3

So many over the years - favorite was probably an appliance that cooks sausage (think kielbasa) plus coupons to buy the meat. I had to drive like 20 minutes though to the store that had the product. There's been hair dye (which I didn't actually use), body wash, paper towels, frozen meals. In the last 2 months, I've had toilet tissue (these companies do a lot of product testing), a toothbrush and iced tea. I have a huge canister of Old Bay Seasoning that would take me at least 5 years to use. I also have kids that have received Gatorade, sour candy, granola bars....lots of things have shopped up on my door step!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years I have received a whit noise machine, that my daughter uses to this day, a really nice Oster Toaster Oven, an iron (I thought it was a joke at first), a slow cooker that has a paddle in it that stirs the contents every 3 minutes, toilet paper, paper towels, dog food, human food, perfume (it smelled like Raid), and little odds and ends.  Always wished I could get some Tide or a Keurig, but oh well. 

• Like 3

Interesting some of you have been sent assorted appliances to try and apparently keep, can't say I've ever been offered something like that,  just assorted food / personal care or clothing type things. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cliche01 said:

Interesting some of you have been sent assorted appliances to try and apparently keep, can't say I've ever been offered something like that,  just assorted food / personal care or clothing type things. 

I belonged to a really great testing community.  They did close a few years back, that is where I got the small appliances.  I really didn't know why they sent me an iron.  I ended up selling it to a friend for $20.  She acted as though she had won the lottery.  LOL!  I haven't gotten anything like that since.  I don't get much to try from anyone any more. 

• Like 2

2 frozen TV dinners, paper towels. Toilet paper twice but different brands, Chocolate covered berries, A converter that changes your computer into a TV set, Tea and instant coffee.

• Like 2