What kinds of things do you all do while taking surveys?

dawn_b_adams

Hi everyone. I wasn't sure where to put this thread, as it isn't technically about any survey site. I'm simply curious (okay nosy) about what you all do while taking surveys. For example, do you listen to music, watch TV, exercise, that kind of thing. Sometimes I do all three at once, LOL! 

Today, we have EAA going on in Oshkosh Wisconsin, about 10 minutes from where I live. So every day this week, I've been listening to the EAA frequencies on an app called Live ATC. Some very interesting stuff. Sometimes I stream radio stations, listen to the cops on a scanning app I have (I have about half a dozen scanning apps), or my ITunes playlist. Sometimes I'll have a baseball or football game on in the background, and sometimes I'll do leg lifts or the like while doing surveys. I have a difficult time sitting still for too long. 

Sometimes I'll grab a beer or have a glass of wine while doing surveys. It keeps things from getting too monotonous. Please post what you do. I'm always looking for ideas to make it more fun. 

• Like 4

Sometimes I listen to NPR or a science podcast. Sometimes i'm doing two surveys simultaneously, switching between browsers. I also answer incoming emails and texts. Sometimes I learn something new, like all the different payment systems from a survey and I capture the information and proceed to join as many as I can.  Sometimes I snack and have wine. I complete surveys while reclining in a "zero gravity" lounge chair. 

I have spontaneous ideas from time to time and I write them down and research further on the internet.

If i'm having problems with a survey panel, I'll start writing a complaint for support, if I don't get a satisfying response, I then start seeking the contact information for the C-suite.

I do 4-8 hours a day jumping through all these activities.

• Like 3

I have a habit of checking my e-mail each day for surveys sites have actually sent to me and then take it from there.  During morning hours, I may have music on, or eating while taking surveys.  I typically take breaks just to get my butt up, may do stuff like laundry, or clean the apartment.  In the evening I typically don't take that many surveys, and do stuff like get on this site or watch Netflix.   Maybe have a few beers, and dinner.  In general, I'm pretty focused on surveys when taking them, though, without that much outside distraction.   

• Like 3

While I'm actually doing surveys I listen to music, classic rock and 80s, of course. Also, I'll usually eat my breakfast, lunch and/or snack while surveying. During hockey season I listen to a hockey talk show on the radio at 2 pm. From 3-5 pm, it's People's Court followed by Judge Judy on the TV. :lol: I don't have to watch them, just listen. After, depending on Mrs. Jones' work schedule, it's time for me to try to put something together for dinner before she gets home. And I may try to do a survey or two after dinner, unless Mrs. Jones is working late. Then I may go to as late as 8 pm surveying. By then my eyes are pooched. :62_dizzy_face:

That's my weekday routine. Weekends I usually have some kind of sports on TV while I do as many surveys as I can find.

And as I have a short attention span, I take breaks from surveys during the day to do chores around home...making the bed, cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, etc.

It's a glamorous life I tell ya! :lol:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...