phone verification ruins my survey experiences!

freestonew

hi all.

I think this surveypolice site is really helpful.  good survey sites.  but I have a huge problem with the top rated survey sites, they require

PHONE VERIFICATION!

I do not have a phone!   oh, I do have a landline where I live, in the senior home, but it is an extension and seems most sites have it where their computer does not recognize the extension, not unless maybe this "ex233" is coded a certain way.  i just type in "ex233".  

I even tried getting google voice.  no good.  cannot be a VOIP, internet phone number.     

so.  what can I do?  so far, i have found that even the so-called cheap phones for like $30 for the phone and a , say, $10 minutes card, will not "work" as there seems to be a gotcha with the cards, they require a monthly card buy at $20 or so a month;  the card is only good for a month,  or the number becomes invalid.  as if one really really has to buy a $100 phone and pay $50+ a month!   almost by law; one *must* have a phone!

me?  I am on a medicaid  support and I have a very limited amount of monthly money to spend.   i cannot afford to "prime the pump" to spend lots of money in order to make some money!  

oh, there is Assurance wireless.   they say they offer a free phone and plan for limited income people.  i *tried* to apply, i filled out the long application form and submitted the documents, sent it by mail, the stamps cost $1.60, and i sent the envelope to their address on the online application form that i printed out.   know what?  weeks later the envelope comes back with a post office note that says, "undeliverable and unforwardable, return to sender!   *not* a good sign. 

I wonder if indeed there IS a cheap phone out there where i can buy just a card for like $10 or $20, a card that never expires such that i pay only for the minutes used.  and not forced to renew every month or three months, this card.

thanks....freestone

You may want to consider TextNow. You can get a free number through them. Install the app on your computer, iOS or android hand held and in a web browser. You can answer, place calls, check voicemail and texting. You have to use the service at least once a month to keep the same number and have a microphone.

On 7/27/2019 at 8:15 AM, freestonew said:

hi all.

I think this surveypolice site is really helpful.  good survey sites.  but I have a huge problem with the top rated survey sites, they require

PHONE VERIFICATION!

I do not have a phone!   oh, I do have a landline where I live, in the senior home, but it is an extension and seems most sites have it where their computer does not recognize the extension, not unless maybe this "ex233" is coded a certain way.  i just type in "ex233".  

I even tried getting google voice.  no good.  cannot be a VOIP, internet phone number.     

so.  what can I do?  so far, i have found that even the so-called cheap phones for like $30 for the phone and a , say, $10 minutes card, will not "work" as there seems to be a gotcha with the cards, they require a monthly card buy at $20 or so a month;  the card is only good for a month,  or the number becomes invalid.  as if one really really has to buy a $100 phone and pay $50+ a month!   almost by law; one *must* have a phone!

me?  I am on a medicaid  support and I have a very limited amount of monthly money to spend.   i cannot afford to "prime the pump" to spend lots of money in order to make some money!  

oh, there is Assurance wireless.   they say they offer a free phone and plan for limited income people.  i *tried* to apply, i filled out the long application form and submitted the documents, sent it by mail, the stamps cost $1.60, and i sent the envelope to their address on the online application form that i printed out.   know what?  weeks later the envelope comes back with a post office note that says, "undeliverable and unforwardable, return to sender!   *not* a good sign. 

I wonder if indeed there IS a cheap phone out there where i can buy just a card for like $10 or $20, a card that never expires such that i pay only for the minutes used.  and not forced to renew every month or three months, this card.

thanks....freestone

Consumer Cellular for a flip phone is $30 and my plan for talk, text and Data is only $23 a month. I got it for phone verification because my doctor uses it and like you know some survey sites do to. 

On 7/27/2019 at 10:15 AM, freestonew said:

hi all.

PHONE VERIFICATION!

thanks....freestone

You can try to apply online

https://www.assurancewireless.com/