Okay, here we go!

dawn_b_adams

I have a couple of rants: 

1.) Be Forthright. This site is my bread and butter, so to speak. I have a goal of getting a minimum of $3.00 worth of surveys off this site every day. Monday-Friday no problem, usually can get that in 2-3 hours max. Weekends are a different matter entirely. In tha past two months or so, I'm lucky if I can get $1.00. By Sunday, usually get squat. I do 't know what their problem is, but they need to get their act together. So jacked up. They have had complaints from others, but make no moves to fix their issues. Just pathetic.

2.) I am just so done with the disrespectful attitudes and condescending behavior of many survey sites. I've about had enough. I get it - I'm a 55 yo old white retired female. I know it's more difficult to get surveys with my demographics. I am willing to bust my backside to do whatever it takes to score a survey. Now this doesn't mean I'm willing to lie or distort. I am truthful when doing surveys. I get disqualified a lot. I'm okay with that. I am most definitely NOT okay with the disrespectful and condescending attitude of many survey sites. This is pissing me off more and more every day. I wonder if so many nasty pathetic people have lied their way intô getting surveys that it wrecks it for the remaining 99.9% of us who are honest and credible. So sad. I wish we could all rise up and demand better pay/more respect better benefits. I will ponder all of this. I feel I need to take a break from this for awhile. I admit I am not the most patient person, but I will put up with a lot before I say something. 

Maybe I just need to say screw it and work part time at McDonalds just to have a way to get out of the house. I don't need the extra income. I just like to stay busy. I just don't feel this survey thing is a good thing for me in the long run. There's only so much I'm willing to put up with before I walk away. Does anyone lead feel this way? Please let me know. I'm willing to listen to feedback and advice. Thanks.

• Like 4

First let me say I'm impressed you've been able to make even as much as $3/day through Be Forthright! That's maybe about what I can make in a month. :lol:

Of course, I spend little time there, only trying surveys when I get the email that claims they have surveys for me. And I rarely qualify for any of those as I'm hunching that I've already taken most of them through other panels. So Be Forthright is low on my priority list.

I've only been doing the survey gig for a little over a year, so I'm not as smart about this as the many here who have been doing it for many years. For me the poor compensation, not getting credit for completions, lousy customer service, etc. is the status quo. It's all that I've known. From what others say, things used to be so much better and have really deteriorated over the years.

So I take the "it is what it is" attitude. Do cool people still say that? :lol:

For example, if I don't get credited for a completed survey, I mutter a few of my favorite words and move on. Someone here (forgive me, as I don't recall who) once asked if it was really worth it to take and send screenshots, email customer service, hope for a response, then maybe go back and forth with them over a survey that paid pocket change. Assuming you even finally get credit, the time/effort spent fighting for it now makes that survey even worth less. Certainly, if it was a rare high paying survey, then that's a different matter.

So I've had no problems thus far with customer service since I've rarely bothered with them. And, honestly, the few times I've had an issue that required me to go that route, the results have been very good.

Anyway, that's where I'm coming from on that.

My demographics are not great either. Retired, 63-year-old white man who, I'm now being told, has been wallowing in his white privilege and toxic masculinity all his life. :lol: Not a great demographic these days in any circumstance! Yet in the words of the great philosopher Lady Gaga, I was "Born This Way." :lol: But, like you, I also understand and accept that I'm not the most desired target demographic for many surveys. That's okay. I still feel like I qualify for enough surveys to keep doing this for now.

I have about fifteen panels/survey sites bookmarked. How much time I spend with each one is determined by how well I do there. And as the panels/sites change and become more or less profitable, I adjust the time/effort I'm willing to invest in each one.

Don't know how many panels/sites you use, but if only a few, maybe diversify more and try some others where you might have a better experience.

That's my two cents. Although looking back at all I've written, it might be more like my fifty cents! But no charge to you. :-D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your post NevadaNones. It's pretty awesome! What I really like about coming on here is that I can vent and get replies like yours. It just makes me feel that much better to know we're all in this together. Sometimes I just need to get things off my chest. Once I do, I regroup and plunge right back in again. 

I used to do the whole screenshot thing, send emails complaining, and it got me nowhere, colossal waste of time. Never really worth it. I've been doing this on and off for six years. I'm amazed at all the changes, companies leaving, and new ones coming in. 

As to which survey sites I'm signed up for, my main one, my bread and butter so to speak is Be Forthright. I have a goal of $3.00 a day with them. I will spend three hours give or take. I go until I make $3.00 or over or the three hours is up, whichever comes first. Monday-Saturday I usually don't have any problems, but Sundays are a different story. I can't get any surveys on Sunday lately. Other survey sites I'm signed up for are Paid Viewpoint, Catch, Prolific, and One Opinion. They are all different enough from one another to keep things interesting. These are enough to keep me busy most days. I don't really want to sign up for any more at this point, though I don't rule it out for the future. 

I really enjoy coming on here too to see what others are experiencing. This is a really good site.

• Like 3

Weekends, especially Sundays, have always been sucky for me as far as getting surveys. I'm usually done early enough on Sundays that I have plenty of time to vacuum the house.

Too bad. :lol:

Paid Viewpoint, Prolific and One Opinion have all been good ones for me so far. (Insert fingers crossed emoji here!) Not familiar with Catch.

I know you don't care to sign up for any other sites right now, but if you change your mind, you might try Swagbucks. I know, I know. Many people like it not. But it's been at least as good to me as One Opinion. I only do the surveys at Swagbucks though. Don't mess with all the crazy offers or trying to watch videos for a fraction of a penny.

Also, if you don't mind getting gift cards instead of cash, Tellwut has been steady for me in that regard. And it's one of the few places I've had to deal with customer service, and they were outstanding. I had ordered a physical gift card that never arrived, and when I contacted Tellwut support, they replied quickly and then replaced the physical card with an electronic gift card almost immediately! :91_thumbsup:

Of course, as always, YMMV. Some folks do better than others at the various sites.

So there's all that. Keep your head up! :-D

• Like 3

Do you really want to work at McDonald's?  Seems to me any annoying freaking survey is better than that.  In any case, I feel your pain, and understand the rant.  I'm one of those in the mid 50's range who has been doing surveys for several years now and have gone round and round bitching and complaining with various sites over various matters.  My current one is Point Club, which you can read about on Survey Police elsewhere, but over the years I've had battles with Opinion Outpost, Harris Poll, and e-Rewards.  While I can't say I've had any disrespect or such from sites, I do feel they got to the point the either just don't care, or think everyone is taking surveys out of the kindness of their hearts.  Sorry, but no, I'm taking surveys for the money, (not that I really need it) and if I feel screwed out of that in some way, I'm gonna complain. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Cliche01 said:

Do you really want to work at McDonald's?  Seems to me any annoying freaking survey is better than that.  In any case, I feel your pain, and understand the rant.  I'm one of those in the mid 50's range who has been doing surveys for several years now and have gone round and round bitching and complaining with various sites over various matters.  My current one is Point Club, which you can read about on Survey Police elsewhere, but over the years I've had battles with Opinion Outpost, Harris Poll, and e-Rewards.  While I can't say I've had any disrespect or such from sites, I do feel they got to the point the either just don't care, or think everyone is taking surveys out of the kindness of their hearts.  Sorry, but no, I'm taking surveys for the money, (not that I really need it) and if I feel screwed out of that in some way, I'm gonna complain. 

OMG, I had it out with Opinion Outpost! I got frequent surveys from them, and it didn't take me too long to get to where I could cash out, $10 at the time. So I followed all the directions, and it didn't work. I tried several times, clearing my cache and browser before I emailed Opinion Outpost about it. I kept getting back some canned email telling me to try again and clear my cache and browser! I was like what? So I tried again and again, following their directions to the letter. I emailed them again and told them I was still having problems. They blew me off, would not reply back. They kept sending emails with surveys. I emailed them back, told them I wanted to leave them and asked them not to send me any more emails. They kept sending the survey emails. Finally I just blocked them on my email. What a mess. They screwed me out of $10. I was looking at joining Point Club, but have seen quite a few negative reviews on them. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, mnleona said:

Hey, I am 81, white, female and live in a rural area. I get DQed a lot.  I like Dailybreak and also Tellwut.

Always thought age shouldn't have much to do with surveys unless there's a specific reason for it.  Surely a person in their 80's has an opinion about products they use the same as a person in their 20's would and I'd think companies would want as wide a range as possible. 

• Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 7:20 AM, mnleona said:

These surveys keep me busy and I get gift cards for family. Dawn- maybe try some other sites.

I am signed up with some pretty good sites - Be Forthright, Prolific, One Opinion, Paid Viewpoint, and Catch. They all work very well for me. I will never sign back up with Opinion Outpost, and I don't recommend anyone else do so. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, mnleona said:

I like Dailybreak and also Tellwut.

Did dailybreak get rid of the store and now it's only sweepstakes? sorry to hijack this thread but surveypolice wouldn't recognize my email when I tried making a post.

I am also getting very frustrated with all the survey sites. I too am a white 60 year old female. I do believe that my demographics get me on the survey router merry=go =round. I find that I qualifying less and less for surveys. I have been doing this for a long time starting with Survey Spot. Branded,Lifepoints, Survey Junkie all seem to have me doing the same "qualifying" surveys which I end up ending as I have already answered these questions multiple times a day. I also am getting frustrated with the first question being like" Tell me about one really great day you have had and why." These are very irritating to me. It is getting harder and harder to find surveys to qualify for. 

• Like 2

I am 61, almost 62, white female, still working full time.  But I rarely get any surveys completed.  If I was an IT person I could make more money I think.  I get a lot of them asking what my IT responsibilities are.  One Opinion and One Outpost are horrible to deal with.  I had to give them the boot, I had to block OO as well.  They used to be so much better, but that can be said for most of the sites nowdays.