BestMark Inc?

Cliche01

I received an offer today to join a site called BestMark Inc. which apparently is a secret shopper sort of thing.  Perhaps I wasn't looking in the right place, but couldn't find any info about it here, and since the offer showed up in my spam folder, I was a bit leery about how legit it was.  Has anyone else heard of or had experience with this site?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Yes, it is a legit mystery shopping company. However mystery shopping companies can be very picky about what they want and if you do one little thing wrong, you dont get paid. They tend to pay very little, but require a lot of info and data. If you still want to join them, just make sure you go directly to their website yourself, and not from any email clicks. The website in your email link, could be a fake site or phishing scam, so go to the real site on your own.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with everything Njsurveyman said. I belong to Best Mark and they're legit but you should just go to the site and sign up directly to be safe. I've never not been paid in full for anything I've done and they'll also send you advice or ask you questions if they're not sure of something. They don't seem to be looking for reasons not to pay you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2019 at 5:42 PM, Cliche01 said:

I received an offer today to join a site called BestMark Inc. which apparently is a secret shopper sort of thing.  Perhaps I wasn't looking in the right place, but couldn't find any info about it here, and since the offer showed up in my spam folder, I was a bit leery about how legit it was.  Has anyone else heard of or had experience with this site?  Thanks.

You won't find any info here because it is not a survey site, It's a mystery shopper job site. I used to be a mystery shopper but not for this company. A mystery shopper has to go to the assigned place of business, buy something, observe certain things, sometimes return the thing you bought. I would get paid  plus reimbursed for transportation and the thing I bought if I didn't have to return it. Sometimes mystery shopping is other things, once I had to go to a store and remove all the labels off some hand towels and replace with new labels because customers complained the glue wouldn't come off the towels, I had to use fingernail polish remover and a hair dryer to get the labels and glue off the towels.

One time it was a trailer ticket audit at one of the fancy high end dept. stores. I was a little late getting there. The company I worked for called the store to see if I got there yet.Apparently the just asked if the auditor arrived.  When I did get there they were in a panic and going out of their way to make me comfortable. They breathed a sigh of relief when I told them I was there to do a trailer ticket audit. Which is to see how long it took them to put the merchandise on the floor after the truck with the merchandise arrived at the store.

I also used to regularly  do a price audit shopping at kohls.  I would have a list of merchandise departments and had to choose an item from each dept. someone from the store was to accompany me but I couldn't let them chose any products. Then we would go to the register and ring up all the merchandise, afterwards we would check to see if anything rang up the wrong price. Most of the time there were things that did ring up at the wrong price.

Sometimes it leads to retail merchandising where you go to the store and put a certain companies products on the shelves. From there you can get a job as a retail merchandiser, and can work for several companies at the same time as a part time individual contractor or work for one or two companies as a full time employee.

As others said go directly to the site to sign up. http://www.bestmark.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some lady, thanks much for all the information you provided. I have gone on the Bestmark website and applied to be a mystery shopper. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 12:01 AM, somelady said:

You won't find any info here because it is not a survey site, It's a mystery shopper job site.

Thanks, that explains it, and thanks for all the info.  While I'm familiar with what mystery shopping is, think I'll pass on this one as it sounds like more work than I really want to put in, but it may be a great thing for others to look into. 

• Like 2