Can anyone tell me which companies SSI own now so I can avoid them.

Jean128

Yes as my title says, can you tell me which companies SSI own?  I used to be with Valued Opinions and they have really gone downhill and I understand it was SSI who took them over.  I'm also with Opinion Outpost which pays rubbish and I understand SSI own them as well.  So just for my own information I would like to know which other companies SSI own.  Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marks said:

OneOpinion unfortunatly was just taken over by them. They are like a virus- they take over great companies and then slowly destroy them

I recently joined One Opinion. I've already cashed out three times in two months. But lately, the number of surveys available has taken a downturn. What a shame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On One Opinion we're getting the surveys that don't tell you the amount in advance. Then when you get disqualified it tells you no more surveys are available at this time...but it is not the usual one. I hope you know to click back to One Opinion and start over. That's just put there by the new SSI nonsense. Anyway, I am sticking with One Opinion because I always get something. Valued Opinion...forget it. They used to just give surveys, now a million questions so "we can find you a survey" and then nothing. That used to be so terrific. What a shame.

I quit OneOpinion recently. I got so bitter with them over a survey that I had all the info for: number, screenshot. To sum it up, I completed a two minute survey for 1.50 that took me three minutes but rerouted and didn’t even give dq points. I went through it all, emails, social media, Emily....with their final answer being I sped through the survey (again, I logged three minutes for a two minute job). They utterly refused to pay me. I recited my history with them and told them that I was not going to back down. They let me know they wouldn’t either BUT they did agree to meet my demand of paying the 7.90 balance I had earned and to delete my account. Funny footnote, the greedy slobs rounded the payment up to $8. So if you’re tired of them and they’re doing this to you, too, screenshot, grab the survey number fight for what’s yours, lose and they might pay out at lower amount if you’re ready to move on.

I’ve made so much with them over the years and was really sad it turned out this way. I am bipolar but I can’t put my finger on what triggered me with that particular survey. I think it had just been a bad survey week, lol and I had just had it. I was crushed, honestly, to see the decline in the site. Do they still even give the 250 DQ points?

• Sad 2

GammiWoo, I’m so sorry to hear of your experience through One Opinion. I agree that they totally screwed you over. Why would they even say you rushed through a 2 minute survey in 3 minutes? Such crap. It seems you can be armed with all the proof, all the screenshots in the world, but these survey companies have absolutely no scruples and will not hesitate to screw people over left and right. It’s too bad there is really no recourse. I sympathize with you. At least you got the remaining balance of your account. Some survey companies wouldn’t even give you that I think. 

It’s too bad one cannot take these companies to small claims court. I know, wouldn’t be worth it for what you would have to pay and the time involved. But it’s a thought. Hang in there. This time of the year seems really bad with very few viable surveys out there. I’ve really struggled qualify, and have spent more time trying to get the same amount of money, like 2-3 extra hours a day. I’m going to get more involved with mystery shopping, and maybe try Instacart too. I’m growing quite tired of the shenanigans these survey companies pull on their survey takers. I find it absolutely appalling and disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GammiWoo, OO can be a real pain in the arse. I think it had nothing to do with you being bi-polar. I think you'd just had enough. And I don't blame you.

I took a good look at their points system the other day and realized how cheap they area. A DQ is 50 points, that's 5 cents. I've never had what you experienced, but I have had on other survey sites. I'm down to three survey sites I use and I'm about ready to fire 2 of them. When I look at my history and all the DQ's I've gotten, I realized how much time I'd spent on surveys and getting absolutely nothing in return.

I find I do better on receipt apps like Ibotta, Fetch Rewards and Receipt Hog. I'm even paid more on Google surveys for a 2 minute question than I am on almost all surveys. I just let my Google Play credits add up and then I buy a TV series or a movie I want to rent.

These survey companies need thoughtful intelligent people like us to fill out these surveys. If they continue to play games with good people, they'll end up with a bad gene pool taking those surveys and losing clients because of them. Oh well. 

• Like 2

explains a lot - the two companies run by Dynata (Is SSI the same thing?) are the ones kicking me out saying I've "violated terms and conditions" every time I try to cash out. Ha. Guess I'll stay away from all these too. 

• 11 months later...