Sample Storm

Mumsie

Does anyone have an account with Sample Storm? They offer free samples, coupons and recipes. You receive Du Points for completing tasks. I've been a member for a long time but now they never seem to have the rewards offered for points. I have enough points for a $50. gift card but the site always reads they have all been selected. I'm wondering if they do have these card because virtually all the rewards never seem to be available. Thank you for any advise.

Edited by Mumsie
missspelling

Been a member for well over 15 years , started when it was Start Sampling. I see the same thing - virtually no rewards are ever available , and then only the lesser ones.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. I have emailed and the reply was that they offer lots of rewards through out the day, released at different times, but I never see any. I suggested they list what rewards were given every day to help those of us trying to get one feel that they do indeed offer these rewards. Never heard back though. 

The only rewards I have seen there since the start of the year are the restaurant.com and magazine subscription. In their Join The Fun contest , I have never seen any mention as to who won the $50 gift card. Would be nice to know.

The whole point of the site is to collect Do Points for a reward. I have over 75,000 points now and worry that I'll never get a  good gift card reward for all the time spent. Took me a long time to get to that level of points, too I could sure use a $50.00 Visa..

If I hadn't used them on a couple of magazine subscriptions , just to get something , I would have well over 150,000 points. Figured that I might as well get something. 

I used to be a member of Start Sampling and did  not know they changed names. I will have to check again.  It used to be a good site but I have no idea now.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 9:10 AM, mnleona said:

I used to be a member of Start Sampling and did  not know they changed names. I will have to check again.  It used to be a good site but I have no idea now.

Same site , new name. Not sure if it changed hands or not. depending on when you joined StartSampling (I did well over 15 years ago) , the available prizes have diminished. 15 years ago , when it was StartSampling , there were a bunch of prizes to redeem for. Today , even though there are a bunch listed , the only ones that are ever available are restaurant.com and magazine subscriptions. Now , they have contests such as trivia , Receipt Roulette , and ones where you give clever retorts in order to possibly win points. However , while winners of points in those contests are posted , winners of $50 gift cards in the Join The Fun contest have never been posted to date (makes one wonder a bit).

• 4 weeks later...

New owners, don't think the site is based in the US anymore. Still no larger prizes. I've was a member of Start Sampling for years and it was a great site.

14 hours ago, Mumsie said:

New owners, don't think the site is based in the US anymore. Still no larger prizes. I've was a member of Start Sampling for years and it was a great site.

Still based in the US , in the Chicago area. The $10 from a contest came from that area.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what Lucky samples and Sample storm had to say about their prizes when i visited their sites today.  Both are only listing the restaurant.com and mag subscriptions.  Guess they have been getting complaints.  At least they fessed up and removed prizes that are rarely if ever avail. Wonder how long it will take til they go away like their 3rd site (healthy points/samples for health)

You will notice some changes to our prize list. While we will still offer the occasional gift card prize, we will no longer list these prizes when they are not available. The financial status of our site does not allow us to offer a lot of gift cards and we don't feel these prizes should be listed when they are not available most of the time.

The LuckySamples Team

• Like 1

Saw the same thing. Based on what I could see on the site , there was no way that they were taking enough $$ to afford all of the gift card prizes , which is why they were never available. Also makes me wonder if the gift card prizes for their Receipt Roulette and Just For Fun contests are really ever paid out. Never heard of anyone posting that they won.