jaws77461

I work with:

Opinion Outpost

Survey Spot-qualify for free products, never have received any incentive money

Esearch

mysurvey

DataIntelligence

Global Test Market

Sometimes, depending on the survey-Lightspeed-just for the fun of the sweepstakes which I have never won.

HotSpex-because the surveys are fun and interesting

But since I've been doing this since August, I do look to see how much time each survey takes, decide if I have that much time to invest and go from there.

Overall, I've learned much about consumer habits, every survey seems to want to know if I'm buying "green" products, cutting back on spending, have any available money for fun things......

It's just a hobby for me although I do make a few bucks now and then.

teachell

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• KBLover

• rstanc

• teachell

• 2 weeks later...

I am new at all of this survey stuff but I have answered "No" when asked if I had taken a survey about electronics and thought I was being truthful but later in the survey, I realized they did not mean electronics, in general, because it was about video games and I had taken a survey like that. It was too late to change my answer so I completed the survey any way. I suppose it would be a good idea to keep track, as some of you do. Will I do that? I don't know. Can you get blacklisted for an honest mistake or being human and occasionally forgetful?

I am new at all of this survey stuff but I have answered "No" when asked if I had taken a survey about electronics and thought I was being truthful but later in the survey, I realized they did not mean electronics, in general, because it was about video games and I had taken a survey like that. It was too late to change my answer so I completed the survey any way. I suppose it would be a good idea to keep track, as some of you do. Will I do that? I don't know. Can you get blacklisted for an honest mistake or being human and occasionally forgetful?

The only time that you would mostly likely be blacklisted or suffer other consequences is if the companies notice that you have opened up mulitple accounts, are inconsistent with information (including basic demographics-although they do realize that these can change from time to time), or have a tendency to rush through surveys, give incomplete answers, or straightline (answering all questions the same), etc. Otherwise, I think it's safe to say that as long as you are as honest as you can be, then you won't have a problem.

Do understand that while you might be honest and take your time with a survey, the company won't always be straight and honest with you. That isn't to say though that some companies are not worth the time and effort and are not honest, I've had some great luck with some companies and lukewarm luck with others. In the end, it's all about separating the wheat from the chaff and you will learn which ones to work with and which ones to avoid. Hope this helps! :)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So, if I'm understanding correctly, some of you are advocating KEEPING A LOG of what surveys you have taken and then going back through your log everytime one of these surveys asks if you have taken a survey on XXX in the past ##### of days?!?!?

Let's see, they pay us 50 cents for a survey of 20 minutes and we're supposed to waste an additional 5 minutes looking through a log every time to verify what surveys we've taken? GMAB!! I do surveys for LOTS of different sites on LOTS of topics - there is no way I'm gonna waste my time and get paid even less per hour to fulfill their greedy and deceptive disqualification techniques!

If I did a survey on a topic recently, I'll answer "yes", but, I REFUSE to waste time (and money) keeping a log. The only way I waste time or a lot of effort clicking "yes" on is the *&$%^@# OTX surveys that I get routed to from another survey site - I click ALL yes on those so I DQ on purpose. :twisted: That way I don't waste another 30 minutes trying to "qualify" - talk about not being honest - OTX is the flagship of dishonesty!

• 2 months later...

As far as keeping Track of the surveys are concerned it is bit tough if you are unable to handle it ,

what i use to do is that i use to enter it n my database as the project is completed.

• 2 months later...

I just guesstimate the last time I took a survey on topic, although I used to never answer yes. My experience with survey sites is you should be honest, don't lie or you can get banned and don't try and mess up some companies survey data.

• 2 months later...

I just had a survey asking me about the last time I bought toothpaste. I said within the past 3 months which is true. Then they wanted to know what day of the week it was, what time it was, and what else I bought. I couldn't believe the sheer stupidity in them expecting me to remember these details from months ago about a shopping trip. As long as stupid people create surveys, they will get stupid answers which is all they deserve.

• 1 month later...

Answer honestly but evasively whenever possible, if that makes sense.

Keep track of surveys with a simple spreadsheet. That's an easy way to know what you've done when, and how you've answered certain questions that may come up again. It might seem like a lot of work at the start, and sometimes getting a good system in place can be, but it will pay off by making your life easier. You'll be able to see at a glance how you should answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Second post to this thread. I'll again say horsehocky!!! I've been in the survey world going on 6 years now. I'm doing 20-30 surveys a day. I always say NO to the question in question. I have never been booted from a survey site. Not once in 6 years. I've booted plenty of them though. A spreadsheet! Really! You must be exceptionally bored. I'll be damned if I'm going to spend an extra second setting up, constantly adding data, then looking through the data on some spreadsheet just to answer questions like what surveys have you completed in the past. When they start paying minimum wage, I'll consider it. Of course that means never. Some of you are just nuts!!!!

As far as all the other assanine questions survey sites ask brought up in this discussion, and there are many - don't get wrapped around th axle over them. Just guess!!

Second post to this thread. I'll again say horsehocky!!! I've been in the survey world going on 6 years now. I'm doing 20-30 surveys a day. I always say NO to the question in question. I have never been booted from a survey site. Not once in 6 years. I've booted plenty of them though. A spreadsheet! Really! You must be exceptionally bored. I'll be damned if I'm going to spend an extra second setting up, constantly adding data, then looking through the data on some spreadsheet just to answer questions like what surveys have you completed in the past. When they start paying minimum wage, I'll consider it. Of course that means never. Some of you are just nuts!!!!

As far as all the other assanine questions survey sites ask brought up in this discussion, and there are many - don't get wrapped around th axle over them. Just guess!!

Bravo!!!