How do you answer ...

jaws77461

This was a really interesting thread to read. I wondered about these questions, too. I can't keep track of what I've done, I do so many. I know that people from the survey business are reading some of this, as one of them claiming to be from a site emailed me on here.

I have learned a few things from you people (I LOVE YOU GUYS! LOL)

1. do not do a survey for 'sweepstakes'

2. do not do ANY survey that has 'opionshere' in the address bar

3. My time is worth money.

4. Do NOT every pay anyone ANY money! (yes, I almost did...)

LOL

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• KBLover

• rstanc

• teachell

This was a really interesting thread to read. I wondered about these questions, too. I can't keep track of what I've done, I do so many. I know that people from the survey business are reading some of this, as one of them claiming to be from a site emailed me on here.

I have learned a few things from you people (I LOVE YOU GUYS! LOL)

1. do not do a survey for 'sweepstakes'

2. do not do ANY survey that has 'opionshere' in the address bar

3. My time is worth money.

4. Do NOT every pay anyone ANY money! (yes, I almost did...)

LOL

Add to that, no "OTX" either - that's another name for opinionshere or however you spell it lol. Sounds like you're off to a good start. :D

When they ask if I've done previous surveys on a subject I answer what I remember. If you think I'm going to keep a spreadsheet for the measly amount these companies pay fuhgeddaboutit. it's enough trouble just keeping tabs on what they owe you, your emails back & forth, etc.

Thanx for the OTX headsup! I will watch for it.

I KNOW with opinonshere that I will spend 20 min. or more only to not qualify. I have cashed out twice on MyView and am 1/3 way there for a third in under two months. They use dsm? pms? lol something like that for most of their surveys, and you get 125 points even if you don't qualify, so I am always honest there.

A SPREADSHEET? lol you go! I thought about keeping a notebook, then thought, I started this to see if it wouldn't be fun, and maybe earn a bit. I read the average person makes $130 a month doing surveys. I am nowhere near that, but I am only sticking with a few sights. One I joined hasn't sent me a single one, and NPO has only sent me 2. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again to all you oldies for sharing.

I read the average person makes $130 a month doing surveys.

I'd like to meet some of these average people - because I'm not close to that either.

$130 per month, guys thats not bad if you just started! I started doing this stuff in November, 2008 because I wanted something to do. I found that I enjoyed doing surveys and I liked getting paid more! I average making about $350 per month, not counting pts. In March of this year I made $1006.00. This was the best month I ever had but I always make $350-$600 per month. The reason I made so much in March was I got into a $550 online builiten board. I just got a very nice phone just for testing it. what I am saying is don't give up. If you are honest and true, good things will come! If anyone needs help pm me.

$130 per month, guys thats not bad if you just started! I started doing this stuff in November, 2008 because I wanted something to do. I found that I enjoyed doing surveys and I liked getting paid more! I average making about $350 per month, not counting pts. In March of this year I made $1006.00. This was the best month I ever had but I always make $350-$600 per month. The reason I made so much in March was I got into a $550 online builiten board. I just got a very nice phone just for testing it. what I am saying is don't give up. If you are honest and true, good things will come! If anyone needs help pm me.

Can you just post, rather than PM, how you make so much money? I've been doing this for years and have never made anywhere near that.

Can you just post, rather than PM, how you make so much money? I've been doing this for years and have never made anywhere near that.

I believe it helps to be a guy of a certain age.Not to many of them doing this.I really believe they are more women in their 30's and 40's doing this then any other age bracket,thus cutting down are chances of getting into focus groups.No proven facts just my thoughts on it.

• 8 months later...
What a bunch a horsehockey!!!! When asked if you've recently completed a similar survey ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS say no - I SAID NO!!!! These companies are rolling in the big bucks while they pay us a pittance to take these surveys. I've seen them offer a dime. A stinkin DIME for God sakes!!! As far as I'm concerned it's none of their GD business if I've recently taken a similar survey. Considering the 4 years of garbage I've put up with from so many of these companies, this tiny "indiscretion" is miniscule and hardly worth mentioning.

That said, that is the only question I fudge on. That's inspite of the fact I don't qualify for 79% of the surveys I'm invited to complete and 3% of those I'm qualified for I loose because of some tech error. Then there's the payments you get weeks late, the multitude of unanswered support questions, the outright fraud from sites, and the topper - getting booted from a site simply by calmly and politely asking, "where's the $22 you've owed me for SEVEN MONTHS? (MyView) To put it nicely, we are dealing with a pretty shabby unscrupulous industry. Wake up and smell the dung people!

The single bright spot in the sess pool? Pinecone. They aren't my biggest money maker but, they have consistantly been the stellar performer in my eyes. They don't send me a survey unless I'm qualified for it, they've answered every question I've asked, THEY PAY ON TIME EVERYTIME, and I've never had a tech issue with them. It's a shame other survey companies can't do business the Pinecone way. We'd all be better off.

you're exactly right about Pinecone.