This lounge needs a pub or something.

Cliche01

4 hours ago, seven said:

That video and song was wicked. Gotta look up some more of their stuff on youtube. Thanks! :27_sunglasses: 

I forget now how I stumbled on that, but yeah, kind of a parody of a pop or boy band, and I love the lyrics and expressions they make. 

• Like 1

Thanks seven, can't say I'd heard that one before.  I grew up in the 70's to 80's as well.   Liked the whole down home normal people sort of vibe to this.   Guess you figured out how to post videos here again. 

• Like 1

Wowsa!  Not sure what the inspiration was, but some of the images reminded me a bit of an old comic called Little Nemo, which dates back tp the early 1900's.  It's about a boy who has all these wild journeys while laying in bed at night dreaming.  There is a thing known as lucid dreaming in which the dreamer knows they are dreaming and able to control events to some extent. 

• Thanks 1

Next on the pub juke box is one of my favorite songs from the classic rock group Rush, who hail from Canada.  I like the message that life is a crap shoot, and you have to get out there, take your chances, rock and roll the bones.  I love the line 'the night has a thousand saxophones'. 

• Like 1

Just watched the other night, for the second time, the Rush documentary on Netflix. About 10 years old I think, but still a pretty compelling piece. Shame they're done. Another band I never got to see live. So many I've missed because they've either stopped touring or died. :-(

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 10:32 AM, NevadaJones said:

Just watched the other night, for the second time, the Rush documentary on Netflix. About 10 years old I think, but still a pretty compelling piece. Shame they're done. Another band I never got to see live. So many I've missed because they've either stopped touring or died. :-(

I was lucky enough to see them a couple of times when I lived in Michigan, which of course was always a spot on their tours because it was right across the border. From what I understand they decided to stop simply due to age an some health reasons on the part of the drummer.  In any case, have long liked them due to their sound and intelligent lyrics. Rush can take a simple common song theme like love and turn it into a song called War Paint going into how boys and girls make themselves up to 'go into battle' at a gathering. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to a bit of inspiration from Samp28, here's an Eagles tune we might want to keep in mind next time we get all ticked off at some survey site:

• Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 7:40 PM, Cliche01 said:

I was lucky enough to see them a couple of times when I lived in Michigan, which of course was always a spot on their tours because it was right across the border. From what I understand they decided to stop simply due to age an some health reasons on the part of the drummer.  In any case, have long liked them due to their sound and intelligent lyrics. Rush can take a simple common song theme like love and turn it into a song called War Paint going into how boys and girls make themselves up to 'go into battle' at a gathering. 

Just saw Neil Peart passed. :-( RIP.

• Sad 1

On 1/10/2020 at 5:31 PM, NevadaJones said:

Just saw Neil Peart passed. :-( RIP.

Yeah, and blew my mind it was from brain cancer.  What I was aware of was him having tendinitis issues from drumming in both his arms and legs, which could be painful and cause one to give up drumming, but not likely to kill you.   Got 'Nobody's Hero'  through my mind now, it was about AIDS, but that part about 'cure the wasting disease' could apply to cancer as well, which I've dealt with myself. https://www.downvids.net/rush-nobodys-hero-1247753.html

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the Toad The Wet Sprocket video, can't say I'd seen it before.  Good song, and guess I can buy God or the band for $399 and get a free puppy thrown in, what a deal.   

• Haha 1