I feel discouraged. my rant on survey companies

freestonew

hi all.

this here Freestone feels discouraged and a but irked, at these survey companies.     

the other day, one of them, I do not recall which and I think i deleted the entire folder, they canceled my account with no notice or pre-warning.  I have not a clue as to why, they did not tell me.

then on Survey Junkie I had $10 so i tried to cash out then only found that i need to Verify my account and that means a phone number and i do not have a cell phone and my landline has an extension so no computer accepts extensions.      [oh i could by a phone and get the Plan but would take 200 years to pay off that phone , taking surveys!]

so many survey companies require that phone.   probably more then a few will sell that number to robocallers!

then several companies also seem to increase the number of "pre-surveys" before one actually begins the first survey.  i have spent sometimes 12 to 20 minutes on these alone!  the numbers increase by the month!

seems too that any good company, here, goes bad within a year.   cash out quick, people, you never know when your survey company goes Bad!

they all seem to go bad quickly.   poor support, flaky surveys, cash out problems.....

what I am saying here, folks, is that I am feeling now that for my time spent in trying to fix problems and time spent of failing surveys;  not worth my time to do any more surveys!

I am getting a "sleeze' feeling here.    like Survey Junkie has an option to send $$$ directly to my bank account if i wish.  oh...so handy eh?  but then who will know, then, my bank routing number?!    the phone problem is bad enough!    every time one gives out a phone number, one takes a very good chance of having this number sold to scammers, robo-callers, etc.

only takes one rogue survey company to have 5,000 people in lower Slobaina to know all about you!   your bank info, your credit card info, your phone number and mail addresses.

for me, a 78 year old man who is single and never married, living in a senior home, i am not a Consumer!  thus i do not qualify for many surveys, as it is.    

I almost , here, suggest, in this scamming and flaky site age, to advise everyone to give up on surveys and go out and do something else for the $$$.   the whole thing stinks more and more by the week!

for me, at least.

maybe if i ever get a phone, i can sign up for the better survey companies.

thanks for reading my rant.....freestone

• Like 3

I here ya, Freestone! And you're right. Your demographics and lack of a cellphone are just not what the survey companies are looking for. We'll all age out of doing lots of surveys at some point. Do what you can when you can! I do disagree about the survey companies selling your phone number though. I may get 1 spam phone call a month. *I don't belong to Survey Junkie so I don't have any insight on them.

• Like 2

No cell phone or smart phone here either. The only site where that seems to be an issue is One Opinion. Their verification has a bug that sees some phones as VoIP that aren't , such as my 50+ year old rotary dial land line. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, episemion said:

No cell phone or smart phone here either. The only site where that seems to be an issue is One Opinion. Their verification has a bug that sees some phones as VoIP that aren't , such as my 50+ year old rotary dial land line. 

A rotary?!? Let's get that puppy up on eBay! :lol:

J/K. :grin:

Mrs. Jones has a smart phone. I, however, make use of a landline. When I choose to actually use the phone that is. :grin: There's one that is a cordless phone, and one that isn't a rotary, but it does have wires and cords coming out of it. :lol:

• Like 1

Besides the 50+ year old Stromberg-Carlson wall mount rotary phone , I also have 3 push button phones (way more recent) all on the same line. 

• Like 1

Try Quick Rewards. Straight email to Paypal. Ethical, great support and very active and current on Facebook for all issues and conversation with other members--many are Seniors.The site gives points for games, trivia and several routers like Tap, Theorem give points for DQ. Its actually a fun site. Plus daily specialty surveys that age doesnt matter many times, but other specifics apply. Those are snagged quick, but you can check most mornings. Good Luck.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, somelady said:

That is true. You can get a free cell phone and a set number of minutes free per month if you are low income (I am). However , you have to choose between having a land line ($10/month here) or the cell. You cannot get both. You have to give up the land line to get the cell and any minutes needed over the free ones you have to pay for. Read the fine print on each site.

As I have hearing issues (deaf in one ear , 50% hearing in the other , a cell does not work for me. 

• Like 2

thanks for the replies, all.

I sent away to assurance phone, about two months ago.   i may or may not hear from them.  took me ages as one link led to a dead site, after all of the paperwork done, then their main office is at another.  so it is pending.     might be pending forever though.

i might try that quick rewards site.  as long as no phone validation is required.

I often am finding that in the pre-survey questions at least one of them, like the other day, "what medical condition do you have?"   well..they listed maybe every single Condition known to mankind!   150 maybe.  many of these takes a bit of thought.   this pre-survey took a LOT of thought!

then the surveys themselves often has a long series of questions that either i know nothing about the company or that i have to spend an hour or so, on those detailed questions.

i once had a survey mailed to me.   i am sort of glad they stopped as their questionnaire got longer and longer.   

but i do see, on this forum, so many problems with nearly every company that i had signed up with.

and again, I am not a consumer.  never was.  now i have a VERY limited income and no car, no phone, i do not buy clothes nor invest or own stocks

freestone

• Like 1