I'll do surveys but I won't do a router

schludermann

I hate routers, SSI and Cint are the worst. The reason being they are time wasters, because they don't use your profile information. So you get bounced around like a ball under a cup. Another reason is if a survey fails, It is nearly impossible to figure out who is responsible from the browser history.

• Like 1

Good luck getting any surveys then. I think 90% plus of the surveys I do have routers, some multiple routers. It sucks and it is very frustrating. I agree that they waste time. For me, it depends on the router. SSI and Cint are horrible, but every once in awhile, I actually successfully complete a survey through them. Not many, but once in awhile. For me, the worst offenders are Sample Cube and Survey Say So for Good. If I see either of those, I usually just exit out. I think survey routers should be against the law and should not be in business. 

Edited by dawn_b_adams
Extra l
  • Like 3

I get that the worst with Harris Poll...spend more time telling it over and over again my age, gender, zip code.  You'd think once you put those in, the site would recall them, but guess not.  And then after all that, many times I get told there are no surveys. 

• Like 1

Most these days seem to be routers. Crowdology is one of the worst. Start with the initial survey , DQ , on to the next ad nauseum. 

Equally bad , as dawn_b_adams stated is Sample Cube. 

Get used to it.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2019 at 4:44 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

Good luck getting any surveys then. I think 90% plus of the surveys I do have routers, some multiple routers. It sucks and it is very frustrating. I agree that they waste time. For me, it depends on the router. SSI and Cint are horrible, but every once in awhile, I actually successfully complete a survey through them. Not many, but once in awhile. For me, the worst offenders are Sample Cube and Survey Say So for Good. If I see either of those, I usually just exit out. I think survey routers should be against the law and should not be in business. 

Since I avoid routers, most of the survey panels I'm on are routerless. The overall survey frequency is lower but so is the time expenditure. I'm not averse to being screened out, but I want it to be a decent effort by both parties.  A case of this are surveys from TheGo2Crowd panel. They used to be a high efficacy and low frequency. So they were worth tracking. However, they paired up with Cint, and proclaimed this was a good thing for the panelists, their surveys experience sucks now.  When TheGo2Crowd has an opportunity, the stated time and reward in the email invitation is never what they lead with in the surveys and  frequently waste 20 min going from one survey panel qualification to another. There is no way to abort other than close. I sometimes answer surveys to be screened out, you can tell what they are looking for, and this still goes on and on. 

• Like 2

If I find myself on the sample cube roundabout,  I right click the back button and from the list of intermediate locations, left click on one that says 'survey', which usually results in a DQ from the survey you started with, and sometimes even with DQ points. Sometimes the result is an error message  but it works often enough to be my standard practice.

I get onto the sample cube roundabout from Univox, othere sites results may differ.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Siegfried said:

If I find myself on the sample cube roundabout,  I right click the back button and from the list of intermediate locations, left click on one that says 'survey', which usually results in a DQ from the survey you started with, and sometimes even with DQ points. Sometimes the result is an error message  but it works often enough to be my standard practice.

I get onto the sample cube roundabout from Univox, othere sites results may differ.

Like you said sometimes it works but lately at least for me  it hasn't been working as often on Univox

• Like 1

Cint are dreadful (see my post about them closing a panel & refusing to pay out)

Recently I wasn’t busy so when I got DQ I clicked ‘take another survey’. After usual questions got DQ again. Kept a note & tried 18 surveys DQ on all’ Then I gave up

They insist on completing profile so why do it again every time?

• Sad 1

I also think that routers don't offer the best user experience, but for some companies having a router is pretty much the best way to match people to surveys. Others don't have to or even shouldn't use routers.

Sometimes the company that operates a particular router is a vendor of a vendor of a vendor of the company that hosts the main survey. Meaning that you will be passed around and possibly asked the same questions by each of the daisy-chained vendors, until you end up in the main survey, if you don't get disqualified before that, and then the main survey will ask you these same questions once more. There are ways to pass information from one vendor to the next one in real time, so that the latter won't ask you the same questions since they already know your answers, but in reality not many vendors share information this way, for different reasons. There's a couple other solutions to this problem, but they also have their limitations.

There are companies that are usually higher in the vendor hierarchy, hence if you take their surveys, you will have to answer fewer repeated questions. There are also companies that use technical means of avoiding repeated questions, as I mentioned before. And then there are the companies that host the main survey and at the same time own the panel you're registered with. In these cases, you will go straight to the main survey, without any intermediaries. And the incentives are usually as high as they can get, since there are, again, no intermediaries to take a cut.

• Like 4

On 10/17/2019 at 5:34 PM, Cliche01 said:

I get that the worst with Harris Poll...spend more time telling it over and over again my age, gender, zip code.  You'd think once you put those in, the site would recall them, but guess not.  And then after all that, many times I get told there are no surveys. 

I did Harris Poll for decades, made about $300 a year for quite awhile. Then they decided to throttle my activities and I was down to $50 a year with much more screen outs and late survey abnormal endings (abend). Support, if you want to call them that, more like data pushers,  were highly indifferent and only communicated with canned content. I left them years ago. Improved my survey experience in general.

• Like 2