abbydabby

Opinion-central

abbydabby

Just found out via email that Opinion-Central will be shutting down on 11/22/2019.  This seems strange that all these sites are closing this year. I wonder why. Lucky me sign up for survey sites and two months later, they shut down. I feel like I'm bad luck!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

dawn_b_adams

Aw, I feel for you, that sucks! I sit here wondering which of the survey companies I belong to are just gonna shut down. There is one in particular that is going right into the crapper that I think is going down, and I am pondering just cutting my losses and cashing out, as I have almost $50 invested in it. 

I’m finding that I check to see if the survey company I’m thinking of joining belongs to Dynata/SSI/whatever the hell they’re calling themselves this week. If it’s one of those, I avoid it like the Black Plague. If not, I give it two weeks. If I don’t get any surveys in two weeks, I dump them. 

It’s appalling how these survey companies treat people. It’s not you, it’s just the nature of the beast. I’ve branched out into mystery shopping. I actually do phone shops. They don’t pay as much, but I don’t have to leave my house and waste gas money. I’m making over $20/month doing just that. 

Hang in there. There are so many companies out there. It’s just so hard to find any that are any good.

• Like 2

GammiWoo

I wonder if it’s partly due to the new California freelance laws. I read an article saying it has spooked many companies.

• Like 2