How cheap can you get? Swagbucks limits DQ points to 5 per day!

Siegfried

New in the last few days, Swagbucks has stopped paying 1SB, less than a cent in real money, for survey links tried and not qualified for.

Peanut labs there still dole out the 1 SB but the gold surveys just say 'tough luck'.

What puzzles me is why adopt such a mean policy to save such a trivial amount ( I can usually get 800 SB per week) but if I am typical, ticks off users big time.

Totally trivial but that minute reward in the dollar per hour or less world of survey monkeys was actually a far bigger mental reward than a monetary one. You got thrown a bone even if it had no meat on it.

What kind of person says 'If we do this we can save up to a dime a day per user!'

• Like 2

I've read a lot elsewhere about folks being limited to the 5 DQ points/day. Also have read about people not being limited at all. Who knows the criteria? So far, no limit for me though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just now discovered I'm also suddenly being limited to 5 DQ points/day. This after finishing a 15-minute survey and getting the "Not every survey can be a winner" BS. :sad:

Looks like both my best sites, One Opinion and Swagbucks, are going to crap now. :92_thumbsdown:

Will just have to move on to spend more time at other more reliable sites in order to compensate. 

• Confused 1

I was on SB the other day and I got a 5 point dq, and then two 1 point dq's.  So that was 7 points for the day.  BUT, I don't always get points for dq'ing. 

For about a month I think they experimented with higher DQ points depending on how far you got into the survey. The highest I got was 10sb but it was for putting like 10 minutes into a survey before DQ.

Now they seem to be back to only 1 point with 5 points max. It was nice while it lasted.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 1:50 PM, Siegfried said:

New in the last few days, Swagbucks has stopped paying 1SB, less than a cent in real money, for survey links tried and not qualified for.

Peanut labs there still dole out the 1 SB but the gold surveys just say 'tough luck'.

What puzzles me is why adopt such a mean policy to save such a trivial amount ( I can usually get 800 SB per week) but if I am typical, ticks off users big time.

Totally trivial but that minute reward in the dollar per hour or less world of survey monkeys was actually a far bigger mental reward than a monetary one. You got thrown a bone even if it had no meat on it.

What kind of person says 'If we do this we can save up to a dime a day per user!'

Same thing here. I was getting between 5 and 10 SB for disqualification and now it is just max 5 SB for the day. Who knows what is going on

• Like 1

I quit SBs last yr bcoz it takes so long to earn points compared to Inboxdollars and bing rewards. I cash out a $5 starbucks card every 4-6 weeks with bing rewards, takes well over 2mths to do that with SBs bcoz you spend 3-4x more time trying to earn with SB's than you do with bing rewards and you don't have to waste your time with low paying surveys with SBs compared to other panels that pay more for the same survey. I do the bing daily activities first thing when i go online, set your default search engine to bing, after you've signed into your acct clk the the rewards icon, takes you to activities page that takes less than 5mins to complete all of them. You earn 30-110 points per day with activities and 5pts with every search(beats having to reword your search several times trying to earn swagbux points). 5250pts to cashout for a $5 gc. If you wanna earn points for shopping, use a cashback website which equals to about the same in swagbux as you'd get cashback from a cb website.

I noticed that SB had tried something new with the dq's.  And then it went back to 5 per day.  I did log in last night and there was an survey that was 1 minute for 75 points.  I entered the survey and the dog had to go out, so I put the laptop down and went to let her out.  When I cam back there was the "congratulations, you completed the survey, you earned 75 points" message.  Huh?  So for all the times I have gotten stiffed, I took the points and counted myself lucky.  I do Bing as well, and I can cash out there every 4 weeks or so.  I noticed, after some time of not paying attention, that they now have a $10 Amazon card, so I am saving up for that.  I know there are others as well.  I just keep plugging away at them. 

• Like 3

It seems lately I have been getting kicked off 95% of the surveys in the past 2 weeks.  Today I tried doing the 1 swagbuck for 2 minutes got kicked off.  They asked me some questions from the earn 2SB for every 10 questions though today.  I take pride in my survey taking and always tell the truth especialy with age, race, etc. Is there  budget cuts  or downsizing etc?