28,000 survey emails in three years

schludermann

I've been undertaking surveys for several years and have been sorting and storing all my email invitations, support requests and rewards. I went and checked my email folders and I've close to 28,000 emails involving surveys. I keep everything because if I have to make a complaint, I have some material I can quote. I've also thousands of screen shots and web page archives for all the EDU surveys I've completed. 

So in light of this, if one is not adept at configuring their mail system to do most of menial tasks, it would be a good idea to create a dedicated email address just for surveys. If anyone is using the Apple mail app, I can make suggestions how to configure it for large quantities of mail. 

Soon I should have enough to write a book about online survey experience and companies.

• Confused 1

Whoa!  I save them for a couple of years and then delete them.  Quite a few of the ones I started with are out of business.  But wow, what an undertaking you have there!

• Like 2

Wowsa.  With all due respect, sounds like you take this WAY too seriously if you have 28,OOO archived e-mails and screen shots just for surveys.   I mean they are just surveys for a few dollars a piece if that, and not like Area 51 that need to be documented in every which way and exposed as some kind of hoax or national threat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2019 at 6:30 PM, Cliche01 said:

Wowsa.  With all due respect, sounds like you take this WAY too seriously if you have 28,OOO archived e-mails and screen shots just for surveys.   I mean they are just surveys for a few dollars a piece if that, and not like Area 51 that need to be documented in every which way and exposed as some kind of hoax or national threat. 

I kind of agree with this. I would have to imagine you haven't even had issues with 1% of those surveys. I'll keep a screen shot or email if payment is coming a few weeks later but that's about it. I've filled out the forms immediately if I have an issue with something and normally receive a positive answer. However, it wouldn't be worth my time to really chase down $1.50 or whatever nominal amount that's in play. 

• Like 2