Late disqualifications

Grumpy

I am wondering if anyone else is having completed well over half of a survey only to be informed that you weren't qualified for this survey. I understand the need for pre-qualification\demographic  screening. What am steamed about is answering the questions honestly and completing 50 to 70% of a survey and then getting booted with zero compensation. They are collecting a large amount of useful information with no compensation. I consider my responses to be my intellectual property and valuable or the surveyors would want it or offer to compensate the   people that take them. I look forward to hearing if others are having this problem and if it bothers you. If you feel I am out of line here I want to hear that as well.

I am guilty of not having done a search using the title of this post as keywords before I vented. Found over 500 posts. Sorry for posting before I searched.

• Like 2

I wish I could share a raw survey document or two containing the questionnaire along with the entire back-end logic of the survey, but unfortunately I can't since it's not my property, so you have to trust me when I say that the disqualification logic can get quite complex. Sometimes you can get disqualified seemingly in the middle of your survey participation based on your answers to the last 5 questions. It's not always as easy as designing a survey that asks you a qualifying question, then disqualifies you if you gave a certain answer, then asks you another qualifying question and again disqualifies you if you gave a certain answer, and so on. Even if you could make a survey straightforward like that, there could be 10 or 15 qualifying questions, and you might get disqualified on the 10th question, which may make it look like you've completed half the survey before getting disqualified. Sometimes you can even get disqualified on one of the last questions in the survey. Surveys vary quite a bit from one another in this aspect.

On top of that, there may be quotas set up, which introduce even more complexity to the survey. Also, let's not forget that these surveys get programmed and managed by people, and human errors happen from time to time.

If you get disqualified, your data will not be really used.

• Like 2

Hi Grumpy and welcome to this great group. I have been doing surveys for about 9 years and learned one thing, you have to have tough skin. I have been disqualified at the end, after the demographics. Now that's really annoying. Sometimes I wrote to support but most of the time, I just chalk it down to part of the deal with surveys. I don't know if you do One Opinion, but they have been good about this because apparently, many people may have complained about a certain survey and they will compensate you.

No need to feel bad about posting before you read other reviews...you're new and we are a very nice group. I hope you have found some of the good companies. I was just told about Prolific. They don't disqualify you. Once you get a survey, that's it (although most surveys say that if there is something wrong, you may not get paid) but so far, it's been great. Just keep checking to see if there's anything on their site because they don't necessarily email you.  They and One Opinion are my favorite and Tellwut which is not exactly surveys but quick questions...very easy, no disqualifications. 

Good luck with this. It really helps with the bills. When people laugh and say "$10 a day??" I tell them that's $300 a month which I much need! :-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Grumpy said:

I am wondering if anyone else is having completed well over half of a survey only to be informed that you weren't qualified for this survey. I understand the need for pre-qualification\demographic  screening. What am steamed about is answering the questions honestly and completing 50 to 70% of a survey and then getting booted with zero compensation. They are collecting a large amount of useful information with no compensation. I consider my responses to be my intellectual property and valuable or the surveyors would want it or offer to compensate the   people that take them. I look forward to hearing if others are having this problem and if it bothers you. If you feel I am out of line here I want to hear that as well.

I am guilty of not having done a search using the title of this post as keywords before I vented. Found over 500 posts. Sorry for posting before I searched.

I can totally relate! Been there, done that. This happens to me every day I do surveys. As others mentioned, it is kind of a complex process, so you’re not alone. It is frustrating, that I agree with. I just shrug and go on to the next survey. It’s not worth wasting your time trying to get compensation. Most survey companies don’t give a flying fig about the survey taker. However, as Cricket mentioned, One Opinion is pretty good at giving you credit if you get disqualified toward the end of a survey. And Prolific doesn’t disqualify you. I’d like to believe, as TheInsider stated, that if you don’t get through a survey, that they don’t keep the information you gave them. I’m a bit skeptical regarding that, but hope that is the case. 

I belong to half a dozen different survey companies. Through them, I clear $150-$200/month. It nicely supplements my pension. You gotta be persistent and just keep at it. I probably spend 3-5 hours a day working on surveys, and between all the survey companies, make at least $5/day. Hang in there and best of luck to you.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Oh yes.  I used to b$@#% and moan about it to whatever site it was, but after a while it got to the point I asked myself why I was putting that much effort into something that was maybe worth a couple bucks.   They'll tell you 'surveys can fill up at any time'  and all sorts of excuses, so kind of par for the course.  Take care, and welcome to the site. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How is this for a Pie In The Sky Dream. How about a BILL OF RIGHTS for survey takers. Or a paid subscription to a site similar to Survey Police that actually had control of the survey portal. Maybe a small claims court for our use. I appreciate the comments one and all.

• Like 3

It just keeps getting better. I clicked on the link in the email inviting me to a new survey. As usual that one was closed but another was offered. Clicked on that link led me to a screen that said I had been blocked. Went to the support page and got the screen shown in the screen cap. I clicked on the most recent reply and got the messages show in the second attached file. I have never been asked for this information. I am eager to hear how others here would feel being asked for this type of information. 

Ticket Screen Shot.jpg

IamBlocked_2.pdf.jpg

• Like 1

Grumpy, no way in hell I would give them that info. I think that is absolutely ridiculous. They basically are saying they will not help you unless you give them private info over the internet for a survey that probably is worth about a dollar or so. No way. I’d tell them to get bent. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This looks like another veiled attempt to abscond with earnings and rewards and is par for the dealings with this group "YourSurveys". I stopped having anything to deal with that group or the parent company.  Also Branded's reliance on this group is a major consideration why I don't make referrals for branded.

• Like 2

Happens frequently, I sometimes sent an e-mail to the survey company but if the actually answer it's just the usual "you don't meet criteria". Another annoying occurance is when message says survey is full - if so why did it let me start?

Recently had one on a Cint survey, got right to the end, clicked submit only to get message "It's not you, it's us. An error has occurred processing data". Queried only to be told this happens if the survey is paused and restarted some minutes later. Replied saying I didn't pause but they haven't bothered responding. So another £0.50 gone.

Anyone noticed the number of DQ seems to increase when you get near cash out?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 9:38 AM, cricket said:

Hi Grumpy and welcome to this great group. I have been doing surveys for about 9 years and learned one thing, you have to have tough skin. I have been disqualified at the end, after the demographics. Now that's really annoying. Sometimes I wrote to support but most of the time, I just chalk it down to part of the deal with surveys. I don't know if you do One Opinion, but they have been good about this because apparently, many people may have complained about a certain survey and they will compensate you.

No need to feel bad about posting before you read other reviews...you're new and we are a very nice group. I hope you have found some of the good companies. I was just told about Prolific. They don't disqualify you. Once you get a survey, that's it (although most surveys say that if there is something wrong, you may not get paid) but so far, it's been great. Just keep checking to see if there's anything on their site because they don't necessarily email you.  They and One Opinion are my favorite and Tellwut which is not exactly surveys but quick questions...very easy, no disqualifications. 

Good luck with this. It really helps with the bills. When people laugh and say "$10 a day??" I tell them that's $300 a month which I much need! :-)

Good information in this post.  My goal too is 10 dollars a day.  Some days it takes longer to get there than others but at the end of the day it is 10 dollars I would not have had otherwise.  It does ad up to 300 a month and makes my car payment.  Branded is another panel that is good about awarding missing points.  You are right,  the disqualifications are a fact of life,  just shrug it off and move on to the next survey.  It took me a while to learn that.  Also learn to identify the panels that disqualify you the most often and avoid them or at least don't go to them as often as you  do others.   That is why it is good to have multiple panels,  so you always have somewhere to go next. 

• Like 1