Odd prize draw offer?

Cliche01

Today I got an e-mail from Opinion Outpost about some sort of prize draw offering 1000 points and a few other prizes.  When I clicked on the link, all it did was take me to my home page on the site, and I saw no info about said drawing.  I sent a message off to the site, and have yet to hear back.  This evening I got a very similar e-mail from e-Rewards with the exact same graphics and an offer to win $500.  Again, the link turned up nothing. Has anyone else encountered these and have any clue about them?  Thanks!  

15 hours ago, Cliche01 said:

Today I got an e-mail from Opinion Outpost about some sort of prize draw offering 1000 points and a few other prizes.  When I clicked on the link, all it did was take me to my home page on the site, and I saw no info about said drawing.  I sent a message off to the site, and have yet to hear back.  This evening I got a very similar e-mail from e-Rewards with the exact same graphics and an offer to win $500.  Again, the link turned up nothing. Has anyone else encountered these and have any clue about them?  Thanks!  

I also received it and just deleted it  

Edited by peach6
Misspelling
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, peach6 said:

I also received it and just deleted it  

I did hear back from OO, which said they dropped the prize draw in favor of donating money to the American Red Cross.  While I can't argue with doing that, was still rather odd how quick they dropped the offer.  I've yet to hear back from E-Rewards about their explanation. 

• Like 2

Update:  Apparently the E-Rewards thing is one where you get an entry into the drawing for every survey you complete within a certain time frame.  The e-mail I got made it seem like something you had to enter.  So case solved, Watson.