Fill in the blank qualifying questions?

Cliche01

From time to time I get surveys that ask some random question at the start like 'what was your favorite childhood memory'  or 'what factors make you want to return to a restaurant again' and a box you write out your response.  I notice this particularly while on Point Club.  Curious if folks think anyone actually read these and use the info to get some idea about consumers, or if they are simply another version of the 'prove you are human' type thing?  

• Like 2

I'm guessing they are to "verify your humanity."  :lol: The ones I've gotten never have any relevance to the actual survey topic. :roll:

Or, maybe there are some open-ended text questions somewhere in the survey, and they want to see if you're going to give answers that are too short or nonsensical?

• Like 2

That’s a good question. When I’m on Point Club, I always put something in there. Since they review all their surveys, I don’t want to get screwed out of points. But if it’s another site, and just a partner that I’m not affiliated with I just type “I am not a bot”. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, NevadaJones said:

I'm guessing they are to "verify your humanity."  :lol: The ones I've gotten never have any relevance to the actual survey topic. :roll:

Or, maybe there are some open-ended text questions somewhere in the survey, and they want to see if you're going to give answers that are too short or nonsensical?

Fair enough, and I can agree with that.  On the flip side, even if the question has nothing to do with the survey, I always wondered if someone looked them over for additional info.  So if I tell them I go back to a restaurant based on the food, service, price and atmosphere, that tells them what is important to me in terms of buying something or being a return customer. 

• Like 2

That's one of the more annoying aspects of doing surveys, heh. And when I'm not in the mood, I'll just dismiss the survey. I have developed fairly stock answers to the usual questions (favorite artist, favorite memory, etc.); with some alterations here or there. I would never rack my brains for a well-though out, fresh response, though. 1 to 2 sentences at the most.

• Like 3

These are some of the thing I put in when asked those personal questions depending how I feel at the time.

I am not comfortable giving you that information. This one lets me continue most of the time.

I don't want to give you that information. I wouldn't want you turning it over to the gov if they ask. And I especially don't want you to have this info for free, you are not paying for it and if I dq you get my info and I get nothing. - this one always get an instant dq

I am not comfortable giving you that information.I also think it violates my privacy and you are not paying for the info.

You are violating GDP by asking this.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...