Surveys that want me to install Adobe Flash

dawn_b_adams

So I have a brand new Ipad, with all the bells and whistles. This has made it a little easier to do surveys, as I am not experiencing problems with my memory being full and all that. 

So why, oh why do these surveys want me to install Adobe Flash? It never works, and when I Googled installing Adobe Flash, it stated that most mobile devices neither need nor support Adobe Flash. So I cannot install this anyway. In the last few days, I’ve had a plethora of surveys that want me to install Flash. It’s getting very annoying.

So here’s my demand to survey companies: Attention all survey companies - Get with the times and get with the program! Stop asking me to install Adobe Flash. I will simply X out and skip your stupid survey. Nobody really supports Flash anymore, and you all are behind the times. Stop. It. Already. Ugh. 

• Like 2

I have Flash, but I keep it disabled except for when a survey asks me to enable it. As soon as I finish the survey (or the survey finishes me!), I disable the thing again. I've read that Flash has some real security issues, and I don't trust it much. Fortunately, I only run into the Flash surveys once or twice a week at most.

• Like 2

I have Flash disabled on my browsers because it's so rife with security problems, and if a survey kicks me out for not using it, oh well! It's going to be a thing of the past soon anyways, and it's not my fault if the people who code these surveys don't upgrade to using something better (such as HTML5) than flash. They will eventually.

• Like 3

I get the flash thing too and its maddening. Google Chrome won't let it happen, so I'm like the others. I just click out and go back to the survey site a few minutes later.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NevadaJones said:

I have Flash, but I keep it disabled except for when a survey asks me to enable it. As soon as I finish the survey (or the survey finishes me!), I disable the thing again. I've read that Flash has some real security issues, and I don't trust it much. Fortunately, I only run into the Flash surveys once or twice a week at most.

Same here. I allow Flash to activate when the survey requests it. No other sites seem to ask for it these days and only one survey site ever does. 

• Like 3

Typically when I encounter a survey that requires Flash, it will give me a notice saying so and a button to click that will activate it.  Since they work, I assume I already have it loaded on my computer, but can't say I use it for anything else I'm actively aware of. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 12:40 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

So I have a brand new Ipad, with all the bells and whistles. This has made it a little easier to do surveys, as I am not experiencing problems with my memory being full and all that. 

So why, oh why do these surveys want me to install Adobe Flash? It never works, and when I Googled installing Adobe Flash, it stated that most mobile devices neither need nor support Adobe Flash. So I cannot install this anyway. In the last few days, I’ve had a plethora of surveys that want me to install Flash. It’s getting very annoying.

So here’s my demand to survey companies: Attention all survey companies - Get with the times and get with the program! Stop asking me to install Adobe Flash. I will simply X out and skip your stupid survey. Nobody really supports Flash anymore, and you all are behind the times. Stop. It. Already. Ugh. 

I have had the same problem Dawn,  glad to know I am not the only one.   I get caught in some kind of cycle when I try to download these things and it never seems to work.  I thought it might be me but apparently others are having the same problems.  I started doing what you are doing,  X out as soon as I see one coming up.  After awhile in taking surveys,  you learn what is productive and what is a waste of time.  And believe me there is a lot out there that will waste your time.  I usually run about 10 panels.  that way if I am having problems with one,  such as  having most of my attempts rejected,  I just jump to one that is working better.  I always enjoy your comments,  keep 'em coming. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:40 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

So I have a brand new Ipad,

Safari and Chrome on mobile do not support flash so you have to download a browser that does support Flash. Puffin Browser is the best IMO. Free trial so it's not free but $4.99 is cheap enough where you can make the money back pretty easily. There is also an Android version. Just search for it in the app store or go to https://www.puffin.com/

On 2/2/2020 at 5:52 PM, ksedwar said:

Safari and Chrome on mobile do not support flash so you have to download a browser that does support Flash. Puffin Browser is the best IMO. Free trial so it's not free but $4.99 is cheap enough where you can make the money back pretty easily. There is also an Android version. Just search for it in the app store or go to https://www.puffin.com/

I did wind up downloading Puffin, the premium version. Unfortunately, I cannot use Point Club, InnovateMR or Sample Cube, as all I get is a blank screen with those. Many of the surveys I get re InnovateMR or Sample Cube, so Puffin is a no go for me. Too bad on that.

Why do they use flash? To show a video? I click out of those anyway. Not paying me enough to get that much of my attention. I'm usually watching , listening to something else while doing surveys.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 12:58 PM, jaswar said:

Why do they use flash? To show a video? I click out of those anyway. Not paying me enough to get that much of my attention. I'm usually watching , listening to something else while doing surveys.

Yes, typically it's to show some sort of video, or on occasion some sort of interactive thing like selecting items from a grocery shelf.  Typically I go with them, but if they drag on and on, will say to heck with it depending on how much the survey is worth. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 3:59 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

I did wind up downloading Puffin, the premium version. Unfortunately, I cannot use Point Club, InnovateMR or Sample Cube, as all I get is a blank screen with those. Many of the surveys I get re InnovateMR or Sample Cube, so Puffin is a no go for me. Too bad on that.

Did you try switching it to Desktop mode?

Yes it is a pain I only download it when a Populuslive survey needs it as their rewards are worth it. As soon as I've finished it gets uninstalled along with all the stuff it try's to leave behind in your system. I wouldn't even download it for any other site barring Prolific Academic maybe.