Does Prolific Deduct For Conversion to US dollars

cricket

I just got paid for the first time. I know exactly what I had in Paypal before and now it's $2 less than what it should be. I looked up on Google the conversion table so know exactly what GBP translates into US dollars. The other question is, on Paypal, this is what it says on top  

• $65.02 USD
  • £36.69 GBP

, but this is not correct and they didn't give me $65.02 because 36.69 GBP is really $47.89. I got about $45 which is fine but why did they deduct the $2? This is real confusing!

Prolific doesn't charge for converting to USD because they don't convert the currency...you get paid by Prolific in GBP or whatever. PayPal charges a fee for the conversion I think. I should know because I've cashed out from Prolific to PayPal many times, but I don't pay much attention to details. :lol:

• Like 1

I looked it up. Didn't take the time to read all of the posts but I do remember Paypal mentions it on their site.  This has a bunch of explanations. Thanks a lot for replying, Nevada! https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&sxsrf=ACYBGNQr-rbe76Y3dAjGvp1d-URWsDdUFw:1576871997213&q=paypal+exchange+rate+fee&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiw8__5gcXmAhXjdd8KHYDODDQQ1QIoAnoECA4QAw&biw=1280&bih=651

• Like 1