It’s days like today that test my patience with survey companies

dawn_b_adams

Today, I’m very much hating on these survey sites. Most days, even on kind of crappy days, I can score at least one survey out of the multiple survey sites I belong to. I’ve been going at it almost two hours and snake eyes. Absolutely jack squat. I get on weekends there aren’t that many, but I can usually score 3-4 surveys on a weekend day. I’m angry and venting for no reason other than to get this out of my system. I feel these survey sites are total hot garbage dumpster fire at this point. They all suck and can get bent. They can all go belly up. Screw them all. I am being restrained. I used a lot more dirty language earlier, complete with f bombs, when I vented to my hubby. 

I am done for today. I’m not in a conducive mood to work on any more surveys. I don’t like to do that when I’m angry like this. I will crack open a beer and turn on some football. I deserve a day off, and since I’m my own boss, I have generously decided to give myself the rest of the day off. :) It’s not like I rely on these for income. It’s just beer and vacation money. My niece is getting married in March, and I have to book a hotel and that, as I plan to go. So that’s what I’m using my survey money for. I shouldn’t put too much pressure on myself. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks everyone for listening to me whine. Have a good weekend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wasn't sure how to react to this. I feel your pain, as I'm sure we all have.  On the flip side, dropping F-bombs and having a cold beer sounds like a heck of a lot more fun than trying to find a survey.  With any luck, it's just end of the year / start of the year BS and things will pick back up again.  Me, I think I'll do the whole Netflix and chill thing. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Today, I’m very much hating on these survey sites. Most days, even on kind of crappy days, I can score at least one survey out of the multiple survey sites I belong to. I’ve been going at it almost two hours and snake eyes. Absolutely jack squat. I get on weekends there aren’t that many, but I can usually score 3-4 surveys on a weekend day. I’m angry and venting for no reason other than to get this out of my system. I feel these survey sites are total hot garbage dumpster fire at this point. They all suck and can get bent. They can all go belly up. Screw them all. I am being restrained. I used a lot more dirty language earlier, complete with f bombs, when I vented to my hubby. 

I am done for today. I’m not in a conducive mood to work on any more surveys. I don’t like to do that when I’m angry like this. I will crack open a beer and turn on some football. I deserve a day off, and since I’m my own boss, I have generously decided to give myself the rest of the day off. :) It’s not like I rely on these for income. It’s just beer and vacation money. My niece is getting married in March, and I have to book a hotel and that, as I plan to go. So that’s what I’m using my survey money for. I shouldn’t put too much pressure on myself. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks everyone for listening to me whine. Have a good weekend.

1 hour ago, Cliche01 said:

Wasn't sure how to react to this. I feel your pain, as I'm sure we all have.  On the flip side, dropping F-bombs and having a cold beer sounds like a heck of a lot more fun than trying to find a survey.  With any luck, it's just end of the year / start of the year BS and things will pick back up again.  Me, I think I'll do the whole Netflix and chill thing. 

I think we all need to take a break from the surveys and do something else for are own sanity they definitely have not been profitable lately I hope they will pick up soon.

• Like 5

I'm not a beer lover, but I'll toast to you with a Malibu Rum and Coke! 

I want to pull my hair out on some of these surveys. Not only do many of them drone on and on about stupid crap, I end up being on one for 20 minutes and I get the you've been DQ'd message. Darnit! It's infuriating. 

Last year I ixnayed 4 survey panels. I found that I was spending way too much time sitting for very little money. I'm down to 3 and I'm ready to fire 2 of them. The one that is left is pretty good and has been pretty good to me for 11 years. The rest? I think it's a sign of the times. When the economy is going good (and I don't believe it is now) you have less survey takers and better payouts. When the economy isn't doing that good, more survey takers, companies take advantage of this (just like they do in the private employment market) and give out lower payouts because they can.

This one panel I'm on (the one I'm about to fire), I just refuse to do the low paying surveys. It's an insult. I'll go 2 or 3 days without logging in and then I'll go back and there are a few really good paying surveys that I qualify for. They just play stupid silly games. Unresponsive customer service (and it's getting worse in the private sector, even high dollar stores), lower payouts and a meh attitude towards people like us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My biggest problem over the past several months is the fact that I am getting ripped off more than ever before. More than 10% of all completed surveys by me now lead to a disqualification or non-payment (or that token penny). That only tempts me to cheat on more surveys (like doing a survey you already did for another site). I'd rather not do that, but these companies need to take more responsibility for whatever happens when they sponsor surveys from other sources. Don't waste a person's time.

That said, people should always expect holidays and weekends to be slower, and strategize around that.

• Like 3

I used to belong to 2 community groups and made $25 a month just for chiming in, but it didn't last long.  They seem to clean house pretty regularly, so I am thankful when I get one of those for a few months.  I got rid of quite a few survey sites over the past 3 years.  Some were my best sites when I started.  There are more that are going to go, and I will be down to about 3 sites that I will even deal with.  The surveys have slowed down for sure, and I am hoping they increase here in a week or so, but I am not holding my breath. 

• Like 2

At the moment, have to say I'm rather ticked off with Point Club.  Took a whole survey with them which told me at the end I didn't qualify because I'd taken it before.  Maybe so, I don't recall every survey I take, but come on, you do not have a person take a whole freaking survey then tell them that.  I complained to the powers that be at Point Club and thus far have got the typical form type replies that don't even address what I'm telling them, so flipping the bird to Point Club at the moment, then chilling with a beer.   End rant. 

• Like 1

In a polite way "get over it".

Genuinely that's not meant in a bad way at all. Surveys screw us all ranging from those surveys where you get to the end, press submit and there's a server error or disqualification message to the days where nothing is available at all.

I get pee'd off some of the time as well but what are the options? Give up altogether or carry on.

There's a lot of rough with the smooth but when cashing out that balance, getting lucky enough to test new items or getting invited to an online focus group for higher rewards, it just makes all the rough worth it

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, samp28 said:

Genuinely that's not meant in a bad way at all. Surveys screw us all ranging from those surveys where you get to the end, press submit and there's a server error or disqualification message to the days where nothing is available at all.

I get pee'd off some of the time as well but what are the options? Give up altogether or carry on.

There's a lot of rough with the smooth but when cashing out that balance, getting lucky enough to test new items or getting invited to an online focus group for higher rewards, it just makes all the rough worth it

Yeah, as I clearly stated, this ain’t my first rodeo. There are good days and challenging days. I get it. Once I shut down my Ipad and grabbed a beer, I was over it at that point. I don’t waste my time trying to reason or whatever with these survey sites. So yeah, I’m over it. I can vent once in awhile. I am human after all. Unlike many of the survey sites, which are run by bots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, samp28 said:

Thanks for the inspiration for another tune in the pub section of the survey lounge....

8 hours ago, samp28 said:

I don't think no one has to get over anything. This is a rant/rave section of the forum. That's what it's for. Ranting, raving and letting off steam.

In a polite way...................

• Like 4

I think we all have good and bad days doing surveys. Sometimes I find myself yelling at the screen and other times I find I get most of the surveys finished. I think it all works out in the end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lunastargazer said:

I don't think no one has to get over anything. This is a rant/rave section of the forum. That's what it's for. Ranting, raving and letting off steam.

In a polite way...................

Why? Of course its in a polite way. I even say that to myself.

Just the other day I spent 30 minutes doing a survey, got to the last page and had an error. I was annoyed, fed up and irritated my time had been wasted. What could I do? Be annoyed, pack in for the day and earn nothing, or I could "get over it", put it down to the way surveys are and try again to do more. So I carried on and earned a few £'s that day.

My advice would be to "get over it" as I mentioned, but weather someone does or doesn't is entirely up to them. Sure, they don't have to get over anything as you put, but who does that bother or affect? Certainly none of us. It would only affect the OP and be their loss.

Samp28 - the phrase get over it IMO is a curt response. Could have been worded a little more tactful. How about I know how survey companies are. I just click out and try something else. I like my expresso with a little bit of milk in it.

Edited by lunastargazer
Forgot to add a sentence.
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 10:05 PM, paulgro said:

I think we all have good and bad days doing surveys. Sometimes I find myself yelling at the screen and other times I find I get most of the surveys finished. I think it all works out in the end.

I always set a daily goal.  Throughout the day I will have my ups and downs.  Often times  you get screwed by late disqualifications and completed surveys with no points but at the end of the day I can look at this little pad to the left of me,  where I keep score,  and nine times out of ten I will meet the dollar amount I set for that day,  which is usually 10 dollars,  a bit lower on weekends and holidays.  So how you get there is irrelevant,  just know that at the end of the day,  most of the time,  you're going to meet the goal for that day.   

• Like 1