jb h bjbbb

xxrajukumarxx

I spoke to a tax agent once about this, and oddly enough she told me not to report anything to the IRS they couldn't possibly know about.   So okay, the 1099 form is something survey sites are required to send and something you need to report.  Beyond that, how would they possibly know how much you make on survey sites?  It's like getting payed 'under the table' in cash for stuff like mowing lawns or house sitting.  So no, I have never reported it, unless I get one of the 1099 forms, and have never had the IRS come after me. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, xxrajukumarxx said:

What if all the survey money you received is to your PayPal with your Social security connected to the PayPal? Is there any difference?

And after reading online if you make over $400 its considered self-employment income, separate from income tax and 1099, hmm, do you guys end up reporting it? Or you guys don't?

Can anyone give me insight on these follow-up questions???

All I can tell you is I 'cash out' via Paypal as well, but do also sometimes go with gift cards or physical rewards, and have never reported and never had anyone contact me about it. I have had a few cases I made over the $600 limit on a site and got the 1099, which I reported.  Maybe someone else will chime in and give us what they do or don't. 

• Like 1

I agree with Cliche01. If I don’t get a 1099 for it, I don’t report it. There is only one site for 2019 that I believe I made over $600. I don’t see how having your PayPal with your Social Security connected would make any difference. What do I know though? 

You should probably get with your tax advisor or maybe the IRS and ask them. They have a website too, something like www.irs.gov. 

• Thanks 1

This has always been a gray area, but by law, ALL your income (except gifts) are supposed to be reported to the IRS each year. However, if all your survey earnings and income from other sources dont meet the IRS filing requirements, then you do not have to file obviously. (Keep in mind some survey companies title yoir earnings as "gifts" and therefore not required to report those.

However, the IRS will only know about your earnings IF a company issues you a 1099 or W2. Therefore, you have close to a 0% chance of getting in trouble for not reporting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NevadaJones said:

Looks like OP was an undercover IRS agent. :lol:

Yeah, not sure what is up with the 'done' stuff replacing the original posts.  Still haven't had the IRS call me though. :-D

• Haha 2