Opinion outpost support - Facepalm

samp28

Geez, I don't think I've ever come across such incompetence. I love OO but their support are useless beyond belief. I honestly can't even believe how bad they are, it's worse than receiving a generic reply. 

First off, a while ago I did a study via them where I had to buy a food item. I was in store and referred to their email to buy the item. I bought it exactly as described and named. 

I got home, tested the food item and started the survey about it. It asked me to enter the product barcode and upload a picture. I did this but it came up with an error saying the barcode is wrong. Underneath it showed a picture of the item. Guess what? It was a different flavour to what OO told me to buy. 

Yes, OO made a mistake and told me via email to buy the wrong product. Anyway. I emailed their support and after several emails where I had to clarify myself again, they said they would investigate. 2 weeks later can you guess how ridiculous their response was? They told me to clear the cache and cookies on my computer and restart the system :D.

More recently......

A while back my account was suspended and this was because my usual device for surveys was desktop pc and on one occasion I did one of their surveys on the move on my mobile phone. My account was flagged and suspended and they told me I am only permitted to do surveys with them on one device. As I started them on a desktop pc when I joined, that is the only device I am allowed to use and if I used another device, my account would be suspended again. 

It's a known OO problem and lots of people's accounts have been suspended for this (silly as you would think OO would want people doing surveys on the move to complete more surveys and earn them more cash). 

Anyway, 2 weeks ago I completed a survey with OO which qualified me to test a tech device. I received it and the other day had the follow up study sent to me......problem..... I click the link and it tells me I must do the study on a mobile phone as they want me to test the device during the study :evil:

God help me with OO support. I emailed them and explained everything, how if I do the study which has to be done on a mobile phone, my account will be suspended with OO

Their reply? A load of nonsense. Telling me that their records indicate that I haven't completed the follow up study yet and so haven't been credited until I complete it. 

What a joke. 

I will email the manufacturer of the tech device I'm meant to test and tell them I'm sorry I can't finish the study they paid for thanks to OO's idiotic support staff. 

• Sad 3

Yeah, they definitely are idiots. I had completed enough surveys to cash out and I attempted to do that. It kept coming up with an error. So I emailed that. I got a ‘bot response back about clearing my cache and that. I emailed them again and told them it had nothing to do with that, that I wanted to cash out. After about a week, I finally got a reply that they “were checking into it”. Then they sent me another email with instructions to cash out, which I followed to the letter. I got the exact same error! So I sent them another email with the screen shot of the error, and got the canned response about clearing my cache and that. I gave up and tried to deactivate my account. It wouldn’t let me do that either. And I kept getting emails for more surveys. Um, I’m not doing any more surveys until I get my money. I emailed them and told them I didn’t want any more emails from, tried to unsubscribe, no luck. I finally blocked them on my email. They are terrible and should not even be in business. I feel for you. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's been hit or miss with me for Opinion Outpost.  Recently they've been sending me surveys asking me to rate commercials.  Problem is, at the end, it gives me some sort of error notice, and returns me to the site with no reward given, where the survey is listed as not completed.  I contacted OO about this, and they DID give me points for the survey as well as say they are looking into it, and will send it again when the issue is fixed.   Other times I've got the typical form letter type answers, and yeah, the whole clear your cookies and reboot is a fave of theirs.

• Sad 1

On 1/16/2020 at 4:29 AM, samp28 said:

Geez, I don't think I've ever come across such incompetence. I love OO but their support are useless beyond belief. I honestly can't even believe how bad they are, it's worse than receiving a generic reply. 

First off, a while ago I did a study via them where I had to buy a food item. I was in store and referred to their email to buy the item. I bought it exactly as described and named. 

I got home, tested the food item and started the survey about it. It asked me to enter the product barcode and upload a picture. I did this but it came up with an error saying the barcode is wrong. Underneath it showed a picture of the item. Guess what? It was a different flavour to what OO told me to buy. 

Yes, OO made a mistake and told me via email to buy the wrong product. Anyway. I emailed their support and after several emails where I had to clarify myself again, they said they would investigate. 2 weeks later can you guess how ridiculous their response was? They told me to clear the cache and cookies on my computer and restart the system :D.

More recently......

A while back my account was suspended and this was because my usual device for surveys was desktop pc and on one occasion I did one of their surveys on the move on my mobile phone. My account was flagged and suspended and they told me I am only permitted to do surveys with them on one device. As I started them on a desktop pc when I joined, that is the only device I am allowed to use and if I used another device, my account would be suspended again. 

It's a known OO problem and lots of people's accounts have been suspended for this (silly as you would think OO would want people doing surveys on the move to complete more surveys and earn them more cash). 

Anyway, 2 weeks ago I completed a survey with OO which qualified me to test a tech device. I received it and the other day had the follow up study sent to me......problem..... I click the link and it tells me I must do the study on a mobile phone as they want me to test the device during the study :evil:

God help me with OO support. I emailed them and explained everything, how if I do the study which has to be done on a mobile phone, my account will be suspended with OO

Their reply? A load of nonsense. Telling me that their records indicate that I haven't completed the follow up study yet and so haven't been credited until I complete it. 

What a joke. 

I will email the manufacturer of the tech device I'm meant to test and tell them I'm sorry I can't finish the study they paid for thanks to OO's idiotic support staff. 

Would this happen to be a yogurt survey by any chance? I did one for them & I live in Canada & they sent me to a store to buy a certain yogurt..I buy the damn thing & they end up telling me it's the wrong one..I wasn't the wrong one..it just happens that the survey was for people in the USA only & for some reason I got hooked into the survey & ended up paying for the product & go $$$ 0 back from OO for their mistake

• Like 1

When I participated in Opinion Outpost Surveys some years ago, they proved to be not only incompetent but disingenuous providing support. I think they equate lying and deception as an appropriate support methodology.  OO systems frequently run poorly, fail to finish or return a panelist to be credited for completing a survey. I opened support tickets, tracked them and noticed a pattern in outcomes, a "tough cookies" response or being ignored and incomplete resolution. So, I bundled all the incomplete responses, such as "we will get back to you on this type responses", refreshed to support tickets and never heard back. I eventually made a payout threshold and dropped out of OO surveys.

• Like 2