Sign in to follow this  
schludermann

SurveyHoney Centiment - avoid! "Routers Are Us"

schludermann

Folks,

The new incarnation of SurveyHoney has proven to even worse than before the resurrection. SurveyHoney fields "surveys" for other survey companies, and they are almost exclusively routers. I had an extended dialogue with "support" about this misrepresentation and the pat response was "we have no responsibility for what the companies we field for do. I suggested two ways to counter this panelist abuse, use the fielding contracts to identify routers or debrief the panelists and ask them if they were exposed to a router. Both suggestions were ignored. This apparently also includes bluntly unethical behavior from the external survey companies. Such as the following, I clicked a 25 point reward for completion for a 13-minute survey. Well, it turned out to be more like 45 minutes and three back to back surveys. One survey on medical conditions, another detailed survey on commercial medications I was taking and then an extremely detailed survey on why I wasn't using android smartphones and what it would take to get me to switch from iPhone to Samsung.  So I started digging on SurveyHoney and found they are also Centiment LLC. I had a very poor experience with Centiment a year ago with Tap Research, another extraordinarily incompetent survey provider. Tap Research was so awful, inappropriate or no responses to support tickets I had to report them to ESOMAR to obtain a real human and resolution.  So I dug some more, I think that SurveyHoney/Centiment is a "FlyByNight" panel, their addresses are a WeWork coworking space or an Apartment complex in Denver Colorado.  Next I'll dig into the corporate filing and see where else the register managers and principles appear.  ESOMAR needs to be apprised of all the individuals involved in sham panels.

UPDATE 1: i decided to try to see if I determine if there were ANY surveys fielded by SurveyHoney/Centiment. So I opened a "survey" link from the dashboard and sure enough it went to a router. I aborted the router and returned to the dashboard and tried another. This happened 4 times back to back and on the fifth attempt I was blocked because I wasn't finishing surveys. So there, SurveyHoney only fields routers.

UPDATE 2, FEB: As I gather information on conduct for my ESOMAR report complaint, I now will be adding professional incompetence to the report, see section 9 of the ESOMAR Code, links have been posted to the forum previously.  I undertook a 13 minute 26 point survey.  I started at Ipsos, bounced through survey cube twice, Cint twice and some others. I ended up on a tedious 40-min car survey from Yuno and when I completed the survey I was shown the following message "

Survey already taken

As you have already answered this survey, this transaction will be considered invalid.

I imagine Y'all have been through this too and the time and effort to be credited can take many exchanges, can consume as much time as it took to complete the survey and there is a strong chance of being ignored, diverted, such as "not our problem" and more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

NevadaJones

Nice sleuthing! 

• Like 1

lunastargazer

I'm beginning to think a lot of these up and coming survey companies are sleazy. What bothers me is that these advertising agencies, survey companies and large corporations are making a boat load of money. Some of those ideas they use are from survey takers like myself. I've seen some of the things I've said on advertisement and even on their questions they ask me, from other survey companies. Makes me feel used. I don't like it at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beautifulone1

You are right! The old Survey Honey was shady with their paypal payments. Hardly got responses back one one time I cashed out and it said processed, then when I never got it, I emailed them and they emailed back stating they sent it already and I told them I had documentation and poof! My $22 appeared in my paypal account. They hope that you will forget like most that's why you should write down when you cash out on any survey site. I have also taken some surveys on the "new and approved site and it had me not being approved for any surveys for an entire month so I stopped logging in. But since I've received this news from Schluderman I will be closing my account. It's just a waste of my time and energy. Thanks a lot for this post.:grin::grin:

• Like 1

Beautifulone1

UPDATE: Survey Honey is down until March 1 for maintenance.

• Confused 1