Could use some prayers

dawn_b_adams

Hi everyone. I haven’t been on here in a few days. Sunday night, my hubby fell in the bathroom and was taken to the ER. They did a bunch of tests, and determined he has suffered a stroke. The good news is that it is a small one, and he has an excellent chance at a full recovery. He will be in the hospital a few more days, before being transferred to a skilled nursing facility that specializes in stroke rehabilitation. Prognosis is anywhere from 3-6 months. 

I’ve been visiting him in the hospital every day, and he is in the neuro unit at the hospital. They are taking very good care of him. I feel like it’s so quiet at home without him. He has done a couple of stints in nursing homes and has had a previous stroke in 2014 shortly after his quadruple heart bypass surgery. So he has been through a lot. I’d appreciate prayers for him and for me too. Thanks.

• Like 3

You have my prayers! 

My mom had a stroke in April 2012. She woke up one morning and couldn't see right. I took her to her eye doctor(because she had had eye surgery on her right eye a month before) and he said get her to a hospital right now. We found out she'd had a stroke. She has made a full recovery thank god. The only thing that lingers for her is a sensitivity to bright lights like in stores. She gets dizzy. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Hi everyone. I haven’t been on here in a few days. Sunday night, my hubby fell in the bathroom and was taken to the ER. They did a bunch of tests, and determined he has suffered a stroke. The good news is that it is a small one, and he has an excellent chance at a full recovery. He will be in the hospital a few more days, before being transferred to a skilled nursing facility that specializes in stroke rehabilitation. Prognosis is anywhere from 3-6 months. 

I’ve been visiting him in the hospital every day, and he is in the neuro unit at the hospital. They are taking very good care of him. I feel like it’s so quiet at home without him. He has done a couple of stints in nursing homes and has had a previous stroke in 2014 shortly after his quadruple heart bypass surgery. So he has been through a lot. I’d appreciate prayers for him and for me too. Thanks.

Will keep you in my prayers I hope he makes a full recovery

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. It hit me that it's been a little over two years since this happened. So many things have happened since then with covid and everything else. Unfortunately my husband never really recovered, and is permanently at the nursing home. He and I have both come to terms with this, him maybe better than I have dealt with it. It's hard being by myself, and I really miss his physical presence. He needs around the clock care, as he can't do too much physically. He can feed himself, but they have to dress, bathe, and toilet him. Mind wise he's still quite sharp, and keeps up with current events by watching news and sports. I physically see him once a week, and he calls me 3-4 times on the phone daily. He's happy and understands. Many times, he asks how I'm doing. Sometimes I lie and tell him I'm okay when I'm not. He's been through enough. He doesn't need to hear about my difficult mental health. I really appreciate all the love from you all. I'm grateful and thankful for everything I have.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. It hit me that it's been a little over two years since this happened. So many things have happened since then with covid and everything else. Unfortunately my husband never really recovered, and is permanently at the nursing home. He and I have both come to terms with this, him maybe better than I have dealt with it. It's hard being by myself, and I really miss his physical presence. He needs around the clock care, as he can't do too much physically. He can feed himself, but they have to dress, bathe, and toilet him. Mind wise he's still quite sharp, and keeps up with current events by watching news and sports. I physically see him once a week, and he calls me 3-4 times on the phone daily. He's happy and understands. Many times, he asks how I'm doing. Sometimes I lie and tell him I'm okay when I'm not. He's been through enough. He doesn't need to hear about my difficult mental health. I really appreciate all the love from you all. I'm grateful and thankful for everything I have.

Dawn,

Must be very hard for you  my husband had a Stroke when he was 46 he had to retire because he couldn't resume his job of working  at Amtrak  but I am lucky that he is at least home with me but he can't do all the things he used to be able to do

So very sorry that you are going through this

• Thanks 1