ipsos - but nothing unusual

oldchap

Screened out at end of survey (about 20 mins & indicator showed 89% complete) so sent e-mail:-

Did recent survey (about fuel stations & loyalty cards). Answered lots of questions then got message you have enough people with my profile. I know I may be screened out, but why after I’ve completed most of the survey? Surely my profile is in the first part?

Response

We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Sometimes our clients decide to place screening variables not only in the beginning of a questionnaire, but also at some later stages of the survey. Therefore, in such cases you may complete a few more questions than usual before being notified of the screening.

In addition, there are a set number of respondents who fall under different categories, called "quotas". If, for example, we need 230 men aged 25-30 to answer a certain survey, the 231st may be screened out, as the quota will have already been reached. Unfortunately, this is a necessary procedure in all online surveys, without which we would never be able to evaluate the results of any survey.

Sent back

Really?

“there are a set number of respondents who fall under different categories, called "quotas". If, for example, we need 230 men aged 25-30 to answer a certain survey, the 231st may be screened out, as the quota will have already been reached. Unfortunately, this is a necessary procedure in all online surveys, without which we would never be able to evaluate the results of any survey”

But my age and gender were the first 2 questions!

“you may complete a few more questions than usual before being notified of the screening.”

It was more than a few – I answered questions on my car, every brand of petrol, when did I last use each of them, which loyalty cards I have. The indicator showed survey was 83% completed - so you and your client have all the data but can avoid paying out. Nice scam

the screening questions may appear in any part of the surveys, depending what our clients are looking for. Sometimes, the screening happens after the first questions, other times, while you are completing it, the survey does not accept further participants, as the required number of them had been reached. It all depends on the specificities of a given survey.

So another waste of time

• Sad 1

Complete fraud if you ask me. These survey companies do it all the time.

What annoys me is the fact that these survey/GPT sites take no responsibility.  You would think that any survey that has screener questions halfway or near the end of a survey should not be allowed on their site, but of course they couldn't care less as they make money from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah....Ipsos i-say. I dumped them about 2 years ago. Paid lousy, long winded surveys that paid pennies. Who needs it? 

Most of these companies start off good. Then over time they devolve, either get bought out, or their shareholders are too greedy to pay a decent payout and then they start cutting corners. The redemption amount goes up and the survey payout goes down.

It's like the Coke Rewards that was first started in 2006. Started out really good. You put in caps and received gift cards, coupons for free soda, etc...It was great. Then they made the NEW coke Rewards. Now it's nothing but donate to schools, a chance to win a $2 Amazon GC (hold me back) and a chance to win $25,000. I've got a better chance of being hit by a meteor.

Most of these survey companies really suck now. They're dishonest, selfish and incompetent.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:13 PM, lunastargazer said:

Ah....Ipsos i-say. I dumped them about 2 years ago. Paid lousy, long winded surveys that paid pennies. Who needs it? 

Most of these companies start off good. Then over time they devolve, either get bought out, or their shareholders are too greedy to pay a decent payout and then they start cutting corners. The redemption amount goes up and the survey payout goes down.

It's like the Coke Rewards that was first started in 2006. Started out really good. You put in caps and received gift cards, coupons for free soda, etc...It was great. Then they made the NEW coke Rewards. Now it's nothing but donate to schools, a chance to win a $2 Amazon GC (hold me back) and a chance to win $25,000. I've got a better chance of being hit by a meteor.

Most of these survey companies really suck now. They're dishonest, selfish and incompetent.

I earned a blanket with photos on Coke Rewards, and liked it so much, I ordered 5 more for my kids. Not a good program now.