Peanut Labs

mikedorb

No I can't even do any Peanut Lab surveys. They give me a message that I committed some kind of a violation. So I contacted them about it twice and never got a response. I would like to know what kind of a violation and how I could have possibly committed one. I mean all I can do is fill out surveys.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just got banned from Peanut Labs and I was absolutely shocked. I've used them via IMVU for years.  The only reason I can think of as to why I was banned was because I've made several complaints recently about late disqualifications. I would have never thought in a million years that I would be banned for putting up with their subpar service in hopes of making it better.  I made an appeal and  I thought it was doubtful they'd reinstate my account, but after reading a few experiences here maybe they will. Who knows. Many times I had to contact support so that I could receive credit for surveys and offers. They’re customer service was somewhat lacking, but I always ended up being credited. It was just that recently I got tired of the late disqualifications after spending so much time and not being compensated for it that I felt I had to let them know so they could improve their services. I wasn’t expecting to get banned for it. I’m just glad to know I'm not alone because I was confused and taken aback.  It’s like being punished for their mistakes. It’s really upsetting to me.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 11:33 PM, schludermann said:

This was easy to find, it was under the privacy statement.  I find the privacy statement to have higher quality info to start digging. I like digging. I then take the business information from the privacy statement and start cross-referencing other databases, DBA lookup for a city/county, what other companies are at or have been at the same location, LinkedIn, Secretary of State searches for records of corporate formation, CrunchBase, RocketReach,  Depending on the state, search for professional licenses, BBB cross-references and a few more, like zabasearch. Once I find the principles of a panel, I repeat the process and look for a history. If anyone has other deep or dark internet searches they use, please share. Hopefully free.

Try looking at the page source (<CTRL -U> in chrome. The copyright might get you right to the parent company, as they probably handle all the legal work. And, if you use plugins like uMatrix, you can find a lot about the page, as well. I use it for ad blocking, because it can block all kinds of traffic without the problem of having an ad blocker detected. I It also makes it easy to ID spy stuff, so the combination of uMatrix and viewing the page source, along with a good hosts file editor, like Hosts File Editor+ makes it easy stop ad bombing and tracking.

• Like 1