World War Point Club.

Cliche01

Well, nice while it lasted, but just about had it with this site, they just sent me some lame ass reply to change my browser after 'udates'  THEY made to the site caused parts of the site not to work for me (the daily streak, points captured, activity, being able to set and I assume redeem rewards). this after there being NO PROBLEMS to begin with!  Hell, even getting those multi-language error messages on surveys, and trouble when I click on a e-mail sent even pulling up a survey.  Hey, Point Club, ever heard of the expression, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it?"  All your candy ass cartoons and sci-fi is worth nothing if the site doesn't work for EVERYONE on ANY browser.  FIX what you messed up, or to hell with you and WILL report you to the BBB for every single last point and dollar you owe me.  God, I am SO sick of sites expecting people to have EVERY FREAKING browser under the sun and be given the freaking reply, it's MY problem, change browsers when NOTHING has been wrong for MONTHS or even YEARS!  Yeah, sorry, but I am TICKED OFF...going to rant all I like, have half a dozen beers and throw darts and freaking 'Captain Point Club' and his whole pathetic crew!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay, I got a good laugh from your post. I can totally relate. Yeah, they definitely changed something, and not for the better either. I too was having problems pulling up my points total and daily streak. I emailed them, then heard back that they’re making “improvements” on their site. The usual clear your browser cache blah blah blah. Of course I had just tried to cash out too as I had 25,500 points. Just a hot mess there. Finally, several hours later, I was able to go back in and successfully cash out. 

And the whole browser thing with these survey sites is another hot mess. I switch back and forth between four different browsers just to get some of these sites to work. Trying to keep track of which browser site works best on which survey site is for the birds! Ain’t nobody got time for that! :) 

I like your dartboard idea. Whatever survey site is making me angry, I’m gonna create a dartboard and stick it to ‘em! Or go out and buy a voodoo doll, LOL! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So earlier this morning, I took a 2,000 point survey that was 30 minutes long. I spent at least 30 minutes on it, and got something saying I successfully completed the survey. Point Club did not give me the 2,000 points, rather I received 12 points for disqualification! I sent them an email with the pertinent information, including the screen shot I saved proving I successfully completed the survey. I got back a very rude and condescending email from them. That’s not gonna fly with me. I’ve had quite enough of being treated this way. I sent them the screen shot and told them they either give me my points or I will file a complaint with the BBB. I then went to the BBB website and did file a formal complaint. They have quite a few other complaints from people, no surprise there. I will not tolerate being screwed over by them. They have messed with the wrong person here. Bunch of pathetic losers.

• Like 2

Thanks...a truce has been called.  After clearing out my browser and rebooting my system, Point Club seems to be running fine again and they did restore my daily streak level to what it was before all this bull pucky occurred.  Not sure if it me rebooting  or me ranting and raving to them that got things running again.  In any case, yeah, I really don't have this kind of issue with any other site. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

So earlier this morning, I took a 2,000 point survey that was 30 minutes long. I spent at least 30 minutes on it, and got something saying I successfully completed the survey. Point Club did not give me the 2,000 points, rather I received 12 points for disqualification! I sent them an email with the pertinent information, including the screen shot I saved proving I successfully completed the survey. I got back a very rude and condescending email from them. That’s not gonna fly with me. I’ve had quite enough of being treated this way. I sent them the screen shot and told them they either give me my points or I will file a complaint with the BBB. I then went to the BBB website and did file a formal complaint. They have quite a few other complaints from people, no surprise there. I will not tolerate being screwed over by them. They have messed with the wrong person here. Bunch of pathetic losers.

All I can say is 'been there, done that' as far as Point Club goes. They gave me all this BS about inappropriate replies, or not qualifying, and I was like COME ON, how can I NOT qualify after takeing a whole freaking survey or 20-30 some minutes of it?  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Shrike said:

I haven't even been able to log in to it in the past 2 days.  When I click the accept cookies button, nothing happens.  

Huh...I can log in, but my current issue is every few days, no surveys show up on the site at all, even under the 'other missions' section, and the Hulu tab vanishes, which is not usual. I have to contact the darn site every time this happens, and no clue what is causing it of course.  This sight is fine and I like it when it works, but wish they'd get their act together. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 6:41 PM, Cliche01 said:

Huh...I can log in, but my current issue is every few days, no surveys show up on the site at all, even under the 'other missions' section, and the Hulu tab vanishes, which is not usual. I have to contact the darn site every time this happens, and no clue what is causing it of course.  This sight is fine and I like it when it works, but wish they'd get their act together. 

Update:  Back up and running again after two e-mails to the site.  Was told to 'slow down and take my time on surveys'.   I'm not even going to touch that one as I take the same amount of time I do on any other site.  Was told e-mail whenever the problem occurs.  Um..why does it occur to begin with?  Care to do something about it?  Like FIX it?!  Is it me?  It's them, right?  

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 11:57 AM, Shrike said:

I contacted customer service and they suggested I use Firefox instead of Chrome.  That worked.  

I got that explanation from them once as well.  (I use Edge, which I guess has become prehistoric).  Sorry, but what you use should not effect the ability to take surveys.  If it will only work on Firefox, tell people up front.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

i dont know when exactly the updates to the site started or finished but since right about the middle of feb. things really went wrong. and i mean fast! ive only completed 6 surveys out of over 430 attempts. 99.9% i get the dq page or dq's me and goes right straight back to the missions page. i mean without even having a chance to answer 1 question! something is terribly wrong. and i cant get anywhere with support, except the complete runaround job. yeah, the chanhe your brower and clear you cache. im tired of hearing that. is anyone having the same problem of the dq situation? i know its not my computer because my wife has a different computer to do her surveys and she has the exact same problem. if i had any hair left id be pulling it out,

• Like 1

Point Club has pulled a fast one with their change on streak bonus points. It used to be 10% increments, going all the way up to 100% bonus points, so if there was a 1000 point survey, you got 2000 points at the top level, Champion. Well, now if you’re at the top level, you get 10% bonus points, a 90% reduction! Total scam and ripoff on their part, and I’m probably gonna dump them. They might as well have flipped the bird at all of us on that panel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Point Club has pulled a fast one with their change on streak bonus points. It used to be 10% increments, going all the way up to 100% bonus points, so if there was a 1000 point survey, you got 2000 points at the top level, Champion. Well, now if you’re at the top level, you get 10% bonus points, a 90% reduction! Total scam and ripoff on their part, and I’m probably gonna dump them. They might as well have flipped the bird at all of us on that panel. 

Yeah, noticed that as well. Guess I can sort of understand what with all the virus BS going on, but come on, TELL PEOPLE ABOUT IT AND WHY YOU ARE DOING IT!  Not like I rely on surveys to make a living, but yeah, pain in the ass to have worked your way to the top, them have them pull this stuff. Going to play it by ear and see where it goes, too close to cashing out about $100.  

• Like 1

Email explanation from Point Club

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to sudden changes infused.

'Streak Bonus' is not to be considered as a component used for making fixed conversions from surveys. It is to cater market fluctuations recorded and is always subject to change.

We for sure have been through times when it was at its peak and doubled the points that one could get from a completed survey/mission. But the time is such that we do need to match up with the current pace of industry.

With an immediate effect, the percentile benefit from bonus level has been curtailed. For example, a member at Level 10 will now get 10% of benefit and not 100% (double) as it used to be. Similar conversion pattern can now be observed at lower levels.

With strong hopes, we may see it getting reloaded soon after things stabilize. Moving forward, you'll get surveys/missions posted in your account as per routine and in accordance to profile uploaded.

Okay, I get it, but that first line sounds basically like 'we can do whatever we damn please whenever we damn want, and not warn or tell a damn soul about it unless they contact us'.  The site did NOTHING to warn of this, and has NOTHING on it explaining it as of yet. I'm willing to work with things, but come on people, freaking COMMUNICATE!!!

• Like 1