No more Mr. Nice Guy

dawn_b_adams

Now I have that Alice Cooper song in my head, LOL! :) So Point Club thinks they can screw me out of 2,000 points. I took a 30 minute survey earlier this morning, got something indicating I successfully completed the survey. Then it got back to the Point Club screen, and they stated I only got 12 points for disqualification! Uh, nope, nuh uh. I spent at least 30 minutes on this, not including all the prequalification questions. I sent them an email stating I successfully completed the survey, and had the screen shot to prove it. They sent back a rude condescending email suggesting I try more surveys to get points, because I wasn’t getting points from this one. I sent them back an email with the screen shot attached. I then filed a complaint with the BBB website. 

With all the crap going on with my hubby in the nursing home right now, I’m not in any mood to be trifled with. Normally, I’d just let this go, but I’m sick and tired of being treated like **** by these survey companies. They want a fight, I’ll give them one. They picked the wrong person to mess with. Anyone else wants to mess with me will get the same treatment. I’ve had enough. 

• Like 4

No more mister nice guy, no more Mr. Cle--ee--ean!   Yeppers, I hear you loud and clear, and have had the same issue with them where the babble on about 'inappropriate' answers, or not qualifying after taking a full survey or a good portion of it.  I mean come on people, how could one NOT qualify by that point?   

• Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

Now I have that Alice Cooper song in my head, LOL! :) So Point Club thinks they can screw me out of 2,000 points. I took a 30 minute survey earlier this morning, got something indicating I successfully completed the survey. Then it got back to the Point Club screen, and they stated I only got 12 points for disqualification! Uh, nope, nuh uh. I spent at least 30 minutes on this, not including all the prequalification questions. I sent them an email stating I successfully completed the survey, and had the screen shot to prove it. They sent back a rude condescending email suggesting I try more surveys to get points, because I wasn’t getting points from this one. I sent them back an email with the screen shot attached. I then filed a complaint with the BBB website. 

With all the crap going on with my hubby in the nursing home right now, I’m not in any mood to be trifled with. Normally, I’d just let this go, but I’m sick and tired of being treated like **** by these survey companies. They want a fight, I’ll give them one. They picked the wrong person to mess with. Anyone else wants to mess with me will get the same treatment. I’ve had enough. 

Good for you! We all need to start fighting when these companies try to screw us out of points. They do forget that without us they don't exist!

• Like 3

Dawn, good song by Alice Cooper. I saw him live in the 80's. Great show. 

Anyhoo....good on you for calling them on it. There was a poster on the survey police website (review of a site) where a man was not getting his payout. All of a sudden he'd cashed out and suddenly they said his answers were inappropriate or rushed so they cancelled his payment. I thought all these survey answers were confidential with the survey company, not the company who pays you in gift cards. If that's the case, why answer of these question correctly as it would always be tagged to you? What if it were a political survey and they didn't like your answers? Hey I don't like you like this person, so I'm going to deem your answers as rushed or fake. 

So he quoted a federal/state labor mandate that basically said we enter into a contract when I sign up for your site. You can cancel me at any time and I you. But if you owe me money as an independent contractor, then I'm sending you an invoice. He sent a formal invoice to the company and they paid him. They cancelled him but he still got his money.  

They just don't want to pay. Period. I used to be on SO many survey panels, I was on my computer way too much. One of the survey companies I just deleted was Survey Junkie. Yeah they have immediate payouts but I was averaging only .27 a day! I could find that much coinage walking around my town and putting that in my pocket and getting exercise to boot. Not to mention the constant re-direct. I did one survey that stated it was 20 minutes. It took almost an hour. I was so angry by the time I finished it. It paid 50 cents! I waited until I had enough to pay out and cashed in. I deleted them from my favorites and won't use them again.

I'm still average more payouts on Ibotta, Fetch Rewards and Receipt Hog. Receipt Hog has occasional surveys. And when they do, they pay good, 40 to 1.00. And they take about maybe 3-4 minutes. 

So if this lone survey company I now belong to (which I've been on for years) starts to play games, I'll be done with survey companies ad infinitum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I heard back from the BBB a couple of days ago, and got an email from Point Club today. In it, they acknowledged they messed up. I wound up getting not only 2000 points for the original survey, but they tacked on an extra 6000 points for my troubles! Yep, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I feel it was totally worth it to file a complaint with the BBB. Only three weeks, and 8000 points later, I’m feeling a lot better. I’m thinking PC will not mess with me again. Sometimes you gotta show ‘em who’s boss. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

UPDATE: I heard back from the BBB a couple of days ago, and got an email from Point Club today. In it, they acknowledged they messed up. I wound up getting not only 2000 points for the original survey, but they tacked on an extra 6000 points for my troubles! Yep, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I feel it was totally worth it to file a complaint with the BBB. Only three weeks, and 8000 points later, I’m feeling a lot better. I’m thinking PC will not mess with me again. Sometimes you gotta show ‘em who’s boss. :) 

Congrats!  Can't say I've reported Point Club to the BBB yet, but I HAVE had some rather...pointed words with them that got to the point I got an e-mail about 'trying to stay professional'.  Since then, they are pretty good at following up on any issues I may have.  I still have this feeling the main problem this site has is just to leave things be.  They keep adding all this fancy ass art and such.  If it works already, don't mess with it. 

• Like 2