J.D. Powers

ej1247

I have had issues with J.D. Powers and their surveys on more than one survey site. I will take their survey reaching 97% of the survey and they will inform me that I do not qualify for their survey. I have given them the benefit of the doubt a few times and each time I notified the survey sites where I participated in the surveys and they have compensated me for the amount promised for the survey. I find this behavior dishonest and I will ignore any future surveys from J.D. Powers. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them but I just wanted to make others aware of my experience with them. 

• Like 1

I very rarely qualify for these. When I saw an ad again on TV today, I said "you do not get my opinions" so not sure where they get the opinions and who answers the surveys.

• Like 1

Luckily, I've yet to get DQed late...always happens very early in the survey, like after just a few qualifying questions. But I hate the J.D. Power surveys. Always long, tedious and boring, to me anyway.

• Like 1

I run away from them or if the site gives dq points I make sure I dq. They let me finish the surveys then say I didn't qualify. They got me about 3 times, never agin.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, paulgro said:

I do finish a lot of their surveys but the are long and boring to do.

That they are! About the only ones I don't DQ on are the residential gas , electric , and water ones. Just did one for gas on OneOpinion , answered all of the questions properly (including the trick ones) , and after 20 minutes , it said thank you for completing the survey. But , when it returned to OneOpinion , it was a DQ. Inquired and they said I probably failed one of the trick ones , but did give at least partial credit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, episemion said:

That they are! About the only ones I don't DQ on are the residential gas , electric , and water ones. Just did one for gas on OneOpinion , answered all of the questions properly (including the trick ones) , and after 20 minutes , it said thank you for completing the survey. But , when it returned to OneOpinion , it was a DQ. Inquired and they said I probably failed one of the trick ones , but did give at least partial credit.

29 minutes ago, NevadaJones said:

Finally happened to me yesterday, also through OneOpinion. Guess my luck finally ran out. :mad:

One Opinion seems to be pretty fair when it comes to problems.Many of these companies that pay to have surveys done seem to have a problem paying you so they come up with these excuses not to pay. Really no way for you to fight them. That's where places like One Opinion come in handy because they will give you the benefit of the doubt and try to make it right.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, paulgro said:

One Opinion seems to be pretty fair when it comes to problems.Many of these companies that pay to have surveys done seem to have a problem paying you so they come up with these excuses not to pay. Really no way for you to fight them. That's where places like One Opinion come in handy because they will give you the benefit of the doubt and try to make it right.

As long as you have the survey ID # , they should all be able to trace it and see if it was done right and how long you took. 

7 hours ago, episemion said:

As long as you have the survey ID # , they should all be able to trace it and see if it was done right and how long you took. 

I agree but they don't want to be bothered. They would rather listen to the company that asked for the survey.

• 2 months later...

I hate the JD Power surveys.  you spend time filling them out, honestly, take the time and then they disqualify you.  I will never do another one of their surveys again.  I don't think I've ever gotten points for doing one.

• Like 2