Recession

kyle54935

That is a really good question. I’ve been wondering this myself. I would think with more and more people sequestering themselves (myself included) at home, there will be that many more people that discover online surveys. There may be less surveys to go around. I’ve been thinking of trying again to donate plasma. I’ve tried that twice, and both times, they cannot find good veins. I’d make more money with less time. Will have to see.

• Like 1

Hard to say.  Surveys themselves can be created and taken from anywhere.  Perhaps as Dawn says, more people will find them.  As for the economy affecting rewards,  I assume both companies and survey sites have a sort of 'nest egg', but not limitless.   I'm guessing you ask this due to the current virus scare?  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kyle54935 said:

Correct also if economy stays bad after the virus passes also.

"We're about to go through the crucible, but we'll come out the other side. We always arise from our own ashes. Everything returns later in its... changed form."  - Children of Dune.   

• Like 2

Yes, I think surveys will continue to be very active on most of the "good sites". This Coronavirus has caused many colleges and universities to close their physical locations, but they will still conduct their research remotely online. I am still seeing many available surveys on Mech Turk, Prolific, and Paidviewpoint

• Like 1

I've been noticing Swagbucks seems to have quite a few surveys, but they are a penny a minute, if that, in payout.  And most of them are those Lucid and Your Survey ones.  No thanks!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NevadaJones said:

I hate that Swagbucks is offering so many YourSurvey surveys lately. I do okay with them on Prize Rebel, but I close them out immediately on Swagbucks. There I never qualify and never get the generous DQ penny either.

Yep, I can get dq'd on 10 in a row, and it routes me back to SB, but no .01 given.  I saw some today and they were going to Lucid, so I just x out and go back.  I am not doing 19 minutes on a survey for 11 cents.  I got into one for 7 minutes and before it even took me into it I was informed it would be 30 minutes for 17 cents.  Nope.

• Like 1

I don't know why the media insists on scaring everyone with "recession" so much, like everything is going to be 2008 again for the next couple yrs. It's a MINI recession that will only last a couple months, then everyone will go back to normal spending after this ridiculous "panic" is over(rolleyes).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I expected Prolific to be silent since most colleges are down but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm not getting a lot but obviously there are still people working out there. Like someone said above, since people have just switched to working from home perhaps most things will continue as it. I sure hope so!

• Like 2

I was taking surveys back when the last recession happened, and if anything, I made more money. Of course who knows if it'll be the same way this time around - time will tell. However, just because more people might discover survey-taking doesn't mean that those people will all necessarily fit into the target demos survey companies want.

• Like 1