Coronavirus and Its Impact on Survey Taking

Administrator

We've had multiple survey takers reach out to ask us how the Coronavirus may impact online survey taking. We've created this forum topic for everyone to share their experiences as the global impact of COVID-19 grows. We've also posted the information that we do have on the virus' effects on the market research industry here: https://www.surveypolice.com/blog/coronavirus-and-how-it-is-impacting-online-surveys/

In these unusual and trying times, taking online surveys is likely low on the priority list, as there are much more important things to focus on right now. Having said that, SurveyPolice exists as a resource for online survey taking information and we feel it's important to share with you any news and updates we may have about any potential disruptions experienced in the survey industry. As such, we will continue to keep our ear to the ground and pass on any new information we may have.

Stay safe everyone.

19 minutes ago, Administrator said:

We've had multiple survey takers reach out to ask us how the Coronavirus may impact online survey taking. We've created this forum topic for everyone to share their experiences as the global impact of COVID-19 grows. We've also posted the information that we do have on the virus' effects on the market research industry here: https://www.surveypolice.com/blog/coronavirus-and-how-it-is-impacting-online-surveys/

In these unusual and trying times, taking online surveys is likely low on the priority list, as there are much more important things to focus on right now. Having said that, SurveyPolice exists as a resource for online survey taking information and we feel it's important to share with you any news and updates we may have about any potential disruptions experienced in the survey industry. As such, we will continue to keep our ear to the ground and pass on any new information we may have.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you for posting this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually, I am worried about how many surveys we will be losing in the next weeks/months. We are taking an income hit with my husband not managing the After Care programs at his school since our schools are now closed. While we don't need that money to keep the lights on, it is a noticeable loss to our monthly bottom line. I'm trying to get thru as many as I can before the survey well dries up. I'm also seeing lots of surveys that have added questions on to the end regarding coronavirus. 

• Like 6

I may just be a debbie downer, but I fear that with the stock market tanking, the potential unemployment rate going to 20% in the next few months, survey corporations will want to hoard all the funds they have. This means not only fewer surveys to take, but more unscrupulous failure to pay out on the surveys that we do complete for them. Already they use flimsy excuses and dishonest practices to conveniently derail our compensation, so I can see it only getting worse.

• Like 5

As the economy slows down, there will be less market research done as there will be less things to create surveys on, and besides companies will need to prioritize how they spend.     We'll see an uptick in COVID 19 surveys of course, but I wonder if those surveys reflect too high a level of dissatisfaction they too will be cut.  

It looks like the survey panels themselves already mostly work remotely, so they may not be effected,except they will get fewer surveys to administer.  

• Like 5

Everyone, including Survey Police, THANK you for your perspective on this. I agree with so much of what has been sad.

GOOD LUCK to us all and STAY WELL!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Today, three of the surveys I took were on COVID-19. I made more money today than in any other single day. But I feel like some others on here that surveys will decrease. The economy is already taking a big hit, and these survey companies will get less from companies as they trim their budget. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 7:16 PM, Administrator said:

Stay safe everyone.

Seems to me I already tried this down in the 'This site needs a pub of something', but appreciate the official effort, thanks!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Today, three of the surveys I took were on COVID-19. I made more money today than in any other single day. But I feel like some others on here that surveys will decrease. The economy is already taking a big hit, and these survey companies will get less from companies as they trim their budget. 

Yep, got a couple of those myself, which I guess makes it 'official' as far as surveys and this thing are concerned.   On the flip side, keep in mind companies need and want to know what people need and want.  So maybe taking surveys will help in the long run, I really don't know. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have seen a slight reduction in the number I have received and have also had a few about the virus. I was selected for a product test and received the initial samples last Wednesday. The letter that came with them said the next set would be sent in a couple of days. The survey for the 1st set was to arrive 5 days after the product arrived. However , due to the virus , the survey date was several days later and the next samples would be sent about the same time. 

Time will tell.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, episemion said:

I have seen a slight reduction in the number I have received and have also had a few about the virus. I was selected for a product test and received the initial samples last Wednesday. The letter that came with them said the next set would be sent in a couple of days. The survey for the 1st set was to arrive 5 days after the product arrived. However , due to the virus , the survey date was several days later and the next samples would be sent about the same time. 

Time will tell.

Had been awhile since I received a test product

I enjoyed when I received one almost monthly

• Like 3

Pretty sure in-home product tests will be going away for a while, but I bet they will be back.

I think a lot of companies will be interested in how this virus affects purchasing going forward, so we may get a lot of discretionary spending type surveys to see how our responses will compare to pre-virus.  Pretty sure the air travel and cruise-ship business are in for a hit, they'll want to know how bad.  Also surveys on how our habits will change long-term afterwards (or not).  So maybe the survey business will not be affected.  Maybe it will increase a bit longer-term.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, peach6 said:

Oddly enough I am still getting test products.  Received some shaving cream yesterday,  and about a week ago, a couple of cans of ginger ale.  Curious if this will decrease, or if I'll be able to do more simply from being willing to have them sent to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2020 at 4:09 AM, rpc51769 said:

I may just be a debbie downer, but I fear that with the stock market tanking, the potential unemployment rate going to 20% in the next few months, survey corporations will want to hoard all the funds they have. This means not only fewer surveys to take, but more unscrupulous failure to pay out on the surveys that we do complete for them. Already they use flimsy excuses and dishonest practices to conveniently derail our compensation, so I can see it only getting worse.

RPC - I think you're right. E-Rewards has had no surveys for me in 2 days. The emails they sent me, which I clicked on have given me an error message that the survey link is invalid. When I tried to log into Quick Thoughts (also owned by Dynata) it keep spinning and gave me a network error and then said there is a problem with my account. My internet is fine. I looked on FB and Twitter and they have numerous people complaining about the same thing. I'm glad I cashed out what I had left on these accounts. I wonder if it will be my last. I've been on both panels for years. E-Rewards for 12 and QT for 2. I'm wondering if these survey companies, plus a lot of other businesses that are using this virus as an excuse as to why they're cutting down, which in all reality they were going down the tubes anyway.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, peach6 said:

Looks like I will have to be on the lookout for the package. Ordered something that was of not among the popular "hoarder's delights" (TP , sanitizer , etc.) from Amazon. The PO delivered it today at 4:15 , I saw that it had been delivered when I went online at 5:00 , and when I went to check , it was gone! Looks like porch pirates were following the carrier around. Have contacted the PO and seller regarding it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

• Administrator unpinned and unfeatured this topic