Coronavirus and Its Impact on Survey Taking

Administrator

On 3/18/2020 at 6:06 PM, nj07208 said:

Actually, I am worried about how many surveys we will be losing in the next weeks/months. We are taking an income hit with my husband not managing the After Care programs at his school since our schools are now closed. While we don't need that money to keep the lights on, it is a noticeable loss to our monthly bottom line. I'm trying to get thru as many as I can before the survey well dries up. I'm also seeing lots of surveys that have added questions on to the end regarding coronavirus. 

I work for a school and so far, we are receiving pay until the end of this school year.  I feel bad for your husband. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, lunastargazer said:

RPC - I think you're right. E-Rewards has had no surveys for me in 2 days. The emails they sent me, which I clicked on have given me an error message that the survey link is invalid. When I tried to log into Quick Thoughts (also owned by Dynata) it keep spinning and gave me a network error and then said there is a problem with my account. My internet is fine. I looked on FB and Twitter and they have numerous people complaining about the same thing. I'm glad I cashed out what I had left on these accounts. I wonder if it will be my last. I've been on both panels for years. E-Rewards for 12 and QT for 2. I'm wondering if these survey companies, plus a lot of other businesses that are using this virus as an excuse as to why they're cutting down, which in all reality they were going down the tubes anyway.

I've been getting that as well, I click on an e-mailed link for an E-Rewards survey, and get taken to this page that actually seems to be from Opinion Outpost telling me there is some error.   I don't know what's up, but less concerned about getting awards from E-Rewards than other sites. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cliche01 said:

I've been getting that as well, I click on an e-mailed link for an E-Rewards survey, and get taken to this page that actually seems to be from Opinion Outpost telling me there is some error.   I don't know what's up, but less concerned about getting awards from E-Rewards than other sites. 

Cliche, why do you say that about E-Rewards? Is it because of their limited rewards or you think they're just having a web glitch?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lunastargazer said:

Cliche, why do you say that about E-Rewards? Is it because of their limited rewards or you think they're just having a web glitch?

Probably just a web glitch.  Beyond that, I do wish E- Rewards would offer cash, or maybe Amazon.  Other than the magazine subscriptions, I rarely use any rewards there, they tend to be stuff like hotel or airline rewards or for places I never use you have to buy 50 bucks of something to get a 10 dollar discount.  Heck, just give me the discount.  I first signed up for them when the offered rewards for Walden Books, who don't exist any more. 

23 hours ago, episemion said:

Looks like I will have to be on the lookout for the package. Ordered something that was of not among the popular "hoarder's delights" (TP , sanitizer , etc.) from Amazon. The PO delivered it today at 4:15 , I saw that it had been delivered when I went online at 5:00 , and when I went to check , it was gone! Looks like porch pirates were following the carrier around. Have contacted the PO and seller regarding it.

Turned out to be a false alarm. It seems that the carrier entered that the package had been delivered on 3/20 when in fact it had not. The package was delivered on 3/21. All is good.

• Like 4

On 3/20/2020 at 6:01 AM, peach6 said:

Had been awhile since I received a test product

I enjoyed when I received one almost monthly

I got one 2 weeks ago but I'm thinking that may be the end of that,at least for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 5:18 AM, episemion said:

Looks like I will have to be on the lookout for the package. Ordered something that was of not among the popular "hoarder's delights" (TP , sanitizer , etc.) from Amazon. The PO delivered it today at 4:15 , I saw that it had been delivered when I went online at 5:00 , and when I went to check , it was gone! Looks like porch pirates were following the carrier around. Have contacted the PO and seller regarding it.

Here in Texas it's illegal to steal packages off the porch and you can go to jail.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 10:37 AM, rosiesmom said:

I work for a school and so far, we are receiving pay until the end of this school year.  I feel bad for your husband. 

He'll still be getting his regular salary but not for the After Care program since obviously, there is not an after care program right now. The counselors that work there are mostly in college. The school said they will try to see how they can use a few of them, like cleaning the classrooms I suppose. It's a nice offer but I kind of felt like the schools should be using professionals to clean not just a bunch of college kids!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cliche01 said:

Yeah, that little error is becoming quite annoying. Are they the same company now? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I just got some soda a few days ago for a product test. 

Ginger ale, by chance?  I had that about a week ago. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I just got some soda a few days ago for a product test. 

Same here. 2nd portion due soon. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, episemion said:

Diet cola

Me too!  Got my second shipment yesterday. 

I've notice quite a few surveys will have a Coronavirus question tacked on at the end, even when the survey has nothing to do with health. Like one random question thrown in there. It's odd.

• Like 4

• Administrator unpinned and unfeatured this topic