Coronavirus and Its Impact on Survey Taking

Administrator

20 hours ago, Cliche01 said:

Gotcha.  This one seemed more built around the idea of helping restaurants who are either experiencing few clients, or forced to shut down.  Would one buy alcohol from them, either delivered, or through some sort of drive through window method,  which is not currently legal.  

And in states where weed is legal, the dispensaries are considered essential and remaining open. I guess with enough booze and weed in a person, they wouldn’t give a crap on the virus for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

And in states where weed is legal, the dispensaries are considered essential and remaining open. I guess with enough booze and weed in a person, they wouldn’t give a crap on the virus for awhile.

Well, I do like my beer, but not addicted to it, and oddly enough, pretty darn easy to find where I am.  But wait until people figure out alcohol can be used as a sanitizer...vodka will be in short supply. 

• Haha 3

I used to get a lot of invites from market research companies in the Chicago area.  Most of them I was not eligible for.  The last few weeks I have only gotten ones for phone interviews.  I think it is going to be a while before the in house ones start up again.

I have gotten a few surveys about the coronavirus too.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for this forum, it's comforting to read about other survey takers and what is happening for them. I worry about all of us here in the US and wish this horrible virus can be ended soon with a cure. I am noticing less surveys and have not had any product tests lately. Everyone stay safe! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, episemion said:

Anyone else getting tired of doing the exact same COVID-19 surveys almost every day? 

Yeah, just about every day, I get the same COVID-19 surveys. It’s like a broken record sometimes. Also endless political surveys are getting old.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Yeah, just about every day, I get the same COVID-19 surveys. It’s like a broken record sometimes. Also endless political surveys are getting old.

Exactly! Same for the Qualtrics one where they ask you about at least 40 companies , brands , or sport teams that opens and ends with political questions (always identical). The middle differs a little each time , but gets tedious.

• Like 2

About the only thing worse is those surveys that open with the box for you to fill in with a detailed answer to "what is your favorite memory?" or other repeated questions. Over and over and over again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 5:02 AM, episemion said:

Anyone else getting tired of doing the exact same COVID-19 surveys almost every day? 

Yes, but I get points so I do them.

• Like 2

I have seen no drop in survey invites since this pandemic started. What I have noticed is getting more "quota is full" messages when clking on the invites. 

On 6/5/2020 at 9:45 AM, yobry1 said:

I have seen no drop in survey invites since this pandemic started. What I have noticed is getting more "quota is full" messages when clking on the invites. One thing that really bothers me is when ppl post that they're still getting along fine financially even with a drop in income yet they're doing these surveys which LOW INCOME folks like myself and others are barely SCRAPING BY, and can't pay bills, going to foodbanks, dropped car insurance, dropped landline phone and only get a cellphone signal at our kitchen window and only on clear days, if it's raining or thick clouds, no signal, etc just to survive. YOU ppl are taking MUCH NEEDED money from US right now. We get by when we're both working but what I earn from surveys thru the year pays for Birthdays and Holidays otherwise no one would get anything.

I’m so sorry you feel that others are taking money from you. That is pretty short sighted of you to say that. Nobody should be taking surveys to pay their bills. By using phrases like “you ppl”, you’re creating a hostile conversation that is also adversarial.. And please use proper grammar, you know like “you people”. It’s not difficult to properly spell out words. That is a pet peeve of mine. I’m one of many on a fixed income, and I’m paying a significant chunk of my retirement to the nursing home my husband is permanently in. So please be kind instead of posting stuff like this. It doesn’t add anything to the conversation, and quite frankly, is irritating to read. Thank you.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I’m so sorry you feel that others are taking money from you. That is pretty short sighted of you to say that. Nobody should be taking surveys to pay their bills. By using phrases like “you ppl”, you’re creating a hostile conversation that is also adversarial.. And please use proper grammar, you know like “you people”. It’s not difficult to properly spell out words. That is a pet peeve of mine. I’m one of many on a fixed income, and I’m paying a significant chunk of my retirement to the nursing home my husband is permanently in. So please be kind instead of posting stuff like this. It doesn’t add anything to the conversation, and quite frankly, is irritating to read. Thank you.

Was going to say something similar. I am also on a fixed income and disabled. Between SS and the income from an annuity I inherited along with bills and paying down debt , I have little left at the end of the month. The survey income amounts to at best $400 - $500 a year and covers some needed items from Amazon (clothing , TP). 

You don't see me griping. And I see my share of "quota full" messages as well.

• Thanks 2

• Administrator unpinned and unfeatured this topic